Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster/Boxster S Mud Guards

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

First, you need to come to one of our work on cars day. Several people were there on Saturday hoping to sell you amber tail lights if you are still in the market since they converted to clear. You would have seen people putting in Porsche branded parts and "aftermarket" parts at the same time that are identical except for the price paid.

We all complain about prices. It is a long standing tradition. You might be able to pick up some tips for the future.

For example. We installed the belts in the pic on a 1999 and a 2000 S on Saturday. The difference? The price.

belt2.jpg

• 3 years later...

any chance I could get flap #2 numbers for both sides, plus the screws and clips for it and #1?

and a question about flap #2, it wraps around the entire hole in the front and looks kinda like a V doesn't it? mine were torn off by a speedbump so I can't tell for sure if it's 1 part or 2

Edited by stumpjumper

• 8 months later...

Cassiebox, do you have any idea what the part no. is for them?? Thx, Jon

try Sunset Porsche in OR or Suncoast in FL. They usually have the best prices.

Here you go for the 986 (I might have the sides mixed up but don't think so):

Driver side: 986.504.393.0001c

Pass side: 986.504.394.0001c

For reference....

Pelican shows at $57.75 ea

Suncoast shows $44.95 ea (I swear this just went up as I recall getting p/n for someone else recently)

Don't know what Sunset (in OR) is but I've found, even w/ shipping, they are usually a couple $ cheaper. Just email them from their site http://www.sunsetimports.com/porscheparts.php or Jeff Clark Directly at JeffClark@sunsetimports.com

I've also found that if the back flaps are mashed, the front ones (in front of wheels) probably are too. So, you might want think about what other parts/upgrades/maint you can order at the same time to save on frt ($7-10 flat fee based on zip). For instance, do you have the (OEM) Euro cig lighter which allows US plugs to fall out? For $13 you can change it out. How about filters (cabin & engine) and serp belt? Plugs? Is your AOS starting to go bad?

Good luck :)

Cassiebox, you are awesome!!! Thx so much!!

As far as ordering other items, I've done a pretty thourough check on the car and everything appears to be in order other than one slightly damaged driver's side mud guard.

May have paid a little much, but the car was a 1 owner with only 13,000 on the odo. Originally a California car, it has only been caught in the rain a couple times in 7 years and maintained to the "Nth" degree.

Car is in excellent shape and a stunning Guards red over Savannah beige full leather interior with black top. Even the plastic rear window has zero scratches or fold marks on it. Believe it or not, car still has original sport contacts that still have plenty of tread left...go figure on that one.

Some options include the 18 turbo twist wheels (for the most part, immaculate), Litronics, Dark maple shifter and handbrake, soft feel leather in addition to full leather interior, sport package, 6 disk CD changer with Becker 220.

Needless to say, I've been researching Porsche's for a long time and as a young architect, I am always searching for that perfect speciman that I could afford without sacrificing my current lifestyle. Overall, I was sold when I saw it for the first time, but went on ahead and just did the 15k service and plan on changing the tires out later on this summer.

Only plan on enjoying the car on nice days as it's basically a third car toy.

Only thing I'd like to do to it performance wise is maybe add the PSE, but they are pretty expensive and getting hard to find.. Some others have added exhausts for alot less like fabspeed, but reviews seem to be talking about resonance issues. Any thoughts on a good aftermarket exhaust?

Again, thanks so much for the part numbers. I've been searching all these sites and could not find them anywhere.

Cassiebox, do you have any idea what the part no. is for them?? Thx, Jon

try Sunset Porsche in OR or Suncoast in FL. They usually have the best prices.

Here you go for the 986 (I might have the sides mixed up but don't think so):

Driver side: 986.504.393.0001c

Pass side: 986.504.394.0001c

For reference....

Pelican shows at $57.75 ea

Suncoast shows $44.95 ea (I swear this just went up as I recall getting p/n for someone else recently)

Don't know what Sunset (in OR) is but I've found, even w/ shipping, they are usually a couple $ cheaper. Just email them from their site http://www.sunsetimports.com/porscheparts.php or Jeff Clark Directly at JeffClark@sunsetimports.com

I've also found that if the back flaps are mashed, the front ones (in front of wheels) probably are too. So, you might want think about what other parts/upgrades/maint you can order at the same time to save on frt ($7-10 flat fee based on zip). For instance, do you have the (OEM) Euro cig lighter which allows US plugs to fall out? For $13 you can change it out. How about filters (cabin & engine) and serp belt? Plugs? Is your AOS starting to go bad?

Good luck :)

Edited by jwade