Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius

• 5 months later...
Are you talking about the A/C Heater controls? on a US/Canada car?

If so, the readout in the A/C controls can only be changed with a PST2 (or PIWIS) tester.

If you are talking about the instrument cluster (on a US/Canada car) it can not be done.

Loren,

I want to get my dealer to do the switch from Fahrenhuit to Celsius on the AC/Heater control. Can you please provide instruction for the PST2 process. He didn't know how to do it. I have an 03 Boxster S.

Thx

• Admin

If so, the readout in the A/C controls can only be changed with a PST2 (or PIWIS) tester.

If you are talking about the instrument cluster (on a US/Canada car) it can not be done.

Loren,

I want to get my dealer to do the switch from Fahrenhuit to Celsius on the AC/Heater control. Can you please provide instruction for the PST2 process. He didn't know how to do it. I have an 03 Boxster S.

Thx

Have you tried this?

Press and hold the recirculation button. Then press the temperature up ("+") button to switch between degrees Celsius & Fahrenheit on the Climate Control Temperature and Instrument Panel Outside Temperature displays.

Loren,

Thx

Have you tried this?

Press and hold the recirculation button. Then press the temperature up ("+") button to switch between degrees Celsius & Fahrenheit on the Climate Control Temperature and Instrument Panel Outside Temperature displays.

Loren, I have also tried this method with no success (2004 Boxster S) so if you know the PST or PIWIS sequence that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Nick_USA

2002 Boxster without OBC system.

My temperature control unit is reading Fahrenheit now, but I would like to convert it to Celsius

Any idea?

F to C:

F minus 32, then divided by 1.8.

C to F:

C multiplied by 1.8 then add 32.

hehe... Sorry, I had to say this due to the fact that I'm going into the medical field. :renntech:

• 14 years later...

Old thread but I just wanted to share what worked on my car. It's a 986 Boxster S from 2003, imported to Europe from the US. I wanted to have Celsius instead of Fahrenheit on my AC panel. My Porsche dealer changed the cars region from US to Worldwide (or something similar) and the AC panel now shows Celsius. One unexpected bonus was that it also changed the units on the instrument cluster to metric ones, which I thought was impossible. I had done the OBC hack earlier but it was a little disappointing that the units were MPG, Fahrenheit and miles. But now the outside temperature is shown in Celsius and consumption in L/100 km. The clock is also now showing 24h instead of AM/PM. I'm very pleased. Hope someone finds this helpful.