Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Another Parts search - I've been scammed by an eBay seller.

Loren,

Just looking to verify a couple things here. I bought a "RoW 030 suspension" for a Boxster S on eBay. The guy listed a bunch of invalid part numbers but said everything was RoW 030. Now I get it and I'm pretty sure it's not a RoW 030 kit. Just looking to verify.

He sent:

2x 986.343.041.20 front shocks (part number is stamped on them)

2x 986.333.051.20 rear shocks (part number is stamped on them)

1x 23.6mm sway bar (can't find a part number stamped on this)

1x 18.5mm rear sway bar (can't find a part number stamped on this)

2x front blue/white springs

2x rear pink/yellow springs

Are the springs even 030? The bars don't measure 24/19 like they should for M030, and the part numbers for the shocks I believe should have been:

986.343.041.30 for the fronts and 986.333.051.30 for the rears if they were indeed 030 parts.

Am I correct here? I need all the ammunition I need so I can form a fraud case and get my money back from PayPal. Is there any chance of you faxing the appropriate PET pages to me showing what the correct 030 parts numbers would be or should I just go to my dealer (not usually very helpful)?

Thanks as usual.

• Admin

Sorry, I don't see anything here that is RoW or M030.

986.343.041.20 are standard front shocks

986.333.051.20 are standard rear shocks

All M030 rear swaybars are 19.2 or 19.8 mm

I do not have sizes for front swaybars

Front blue/white are (US) standard springs

Rear springs - there is no pink/yellow. There is blue/yellow or violet/yellow and neither are RoW M030 springs.

Loren,

Just looking to verify a couple things here. I bought a "RoW 030 suspension" for a Boxster S on eBay. The guy listed a bunch of invalid part numbers but said everything was RoW 030. Now I get it and I'm pretty sure it's not a RoW 030 kit. Just looking to verify.

He sent:

2x 986.343.041.20 front shocks (part number is stamped on them)

2x 986.333.051.20 rear shocks (part number is stamped on them)

1x 23.6mm sway bar (can't find a part number stamped on this)

1x 18.5mm rear sway bar (can't find a part number stamped on this)

2x front blue/white springs

2x rear pink/yellow springs

Are the springs even 030? The bars don't measure 24/19 like they should for M030, and the part numbers for the shocks I believe should have been:

986.343.041.30 for the fronts and 986.333.051.30 for the rears if they were indeed 030 parts.

Am I correct here? I need all the ammunition I need so I can form a fraud case and get my money back from PayPal. Is there any chance of you faxing the appropriate PET pages to me showing what the correct 030 parts numbers would be or should I just go to my dealer (not usually very helpful)?

Thanks as usual.

I think I recall seeing this on ebay, it was a great buy now price...assuming it was honest. If in fact he was incorrect about the parts you should share his username...especially if a regular porsche parts seller so we all know to stay away from his auctions...

His name is Bobby Shekarbi. He is, or was, active in the Houston area Boxster community. His eBay ID is ags110. He stated that this was a RoW 030 kit, and it's obviously not. He will give me a refund, but minus what it cost him to ship the parts to be. What a load of BS. I filed a claim with PayPal.

Loren is there any was I could get some sort of "official" documentation stating what you just said? A printout of the PET or something?

Thanks again.

John

Edited by John V

His name is Bobby Shekarbi. He is, or was, active in the Houston area Boxster community. His eBay ID is ags110. He stated that this was a RoW 030 kit, and it's obviously not. He will give me a refund, but minus what it cost him to ship the parts to be. What a load of BS. I filed a claim with PayPal.

Loren is there any was I could get some sort of "official" documentation stating what you just said? A printout of the PET or something?

Thanks again.

John

This is the Bobby that old John is slamming every chance he gets. I thought I should say something in my defense. This kit was purchased as a ROW and sold as one. Why didn't old John do all of this investigating and emailing before he made the purchase. This auction went on for a week. I've sold over 200+ Porsche parts ranging from $5 to $10,000 and not one problem. Again I tell you John, if you want a refund return the parts and I will be happy to refund you but I am not paying for the shipping or the cost associated with the eBay add. If you think paypal will do better your in the wrong.

Cheers,

Bobby

This kit was purchased as a ROW and sold as one.

If it was sold as a RoW 030 kit why are none of the parts I got RoW 030?

Sorry, I don't see anything here that is RoW or M030.

That's the question I keep asking you and the question you still refuse to answer!

Why should I do any research when I purchased something advertised as RoW 030? Pretty cut and dry, right? Why are you so confused here?

Edited by John V

Well I've bought and sold on the internet for about 10 years (no lie, and yes those were horse and buggy days!).

My reputation as a seller is worth far more to me than shipping. I have a stellar reputation that is far more precious than a few bucks here or there.

My advice to Bobby comes from this experience: reimburse John's shipping. If the tables were turned, you'd like the same courtesy.

Just my $0.02

tmc

Thanks again.

John

This is the Bobby that old John is slamming every chance he gets. I thought I should say something in my defense. This kit was purchased as a ROW and sold as one. Why didn't old John do all of this investigating and emailing before he made the purchase. This auction went on for a week. I've sold over 200+ Porsche parts ranging from $5 to $10,000 and not one problem. Again I tell you John, if you want a refund return the parts and I will be happy to refund you but I am not paying for the shipping or the cost associated with the eBay add. If you think paypal will do better your in the wrong.

Cheers,

Bobby

It is frustrating to get called out in public but I don't see a slam here yet. His concerns are valid as I looked at this auction and though the items were as stated ROW 030. We all buy and sell on ebay and if you sell many items to the public accidents are bound to happen. I think so far is angle for research and discussion is how most of us would react.

It is frustrating to get called out in public but I don't see a slam here yet. His concerns are valid as I looked at this auction and though the items were as stated ROW 030. We all buy and sell on ebay and if you sell many items to the public accidents are bound to happen. I think so far is angle for research and discussion is how most of us would react.

Thanks. I am not trying to slam Bobby. Hell, when this is all said and done I'm still going to be out $60 for return shipping!

I just don't feel like I should pay Bobby's auction fees, his $60 shipping to me in addition to that $60 shipping back to him when this was clearly a seller error. That is what he's asking of me if I return the parts.

I don't want revenge, I just want the 030 suspension I bought and paid for or my money back. :( If anyone thinks that's unfair I'd like to hear why.

Edited by John V

Here are a couple pics of my "RoW M030" shocks :(

post-7203-1162221171_thumb.jpg

post-7203-1162221270_thumb.jpg

I have pictures at home of my calipers measuring my "RoW 24mm front sway bar" at 23.6mm and my "RoW rear sway bar" at 18.5mm :(

John why are you selling this on ppbb.com

"GT3 front bar was used for a couple thousand miles and removed. In new condition. Asking $130 plus shipping, includes the frame bushings. Custom adjustable endlinks available as well for additional cost, makes it a bolt-in for a Boxster.

RoW M030 spring set (front and rear, all four) for a 3.2L Boxster S. $150/OBO plus shipping. They have 7500 miles on them and no damage.

Small world huh, if you already owned a set of ROW spring, why did you have ask for the part no. lol, the plot thickens, guys I promise you this is a con artist at work!! He wants a refund and he want to keep the parts. Look what he emailed me yesterday.

"Bobby,

Seeing as I had to pay you before you shipped the parts to me, I think the

same should apply in reverse. Once I have a PayPal for the amount of the

purchase with shipping, I'll send you the parts. I'd also like you to cover

half the return shipping costs. I think that is a fair compromise. I

cannot be responsible for your listing.

Thanks,

John"

and again this one,

"I've dealt with PayPal on these issues before and I have enough proof to

show that what you advertised was what you didn't sell. So we have two

choices here: 1) You can refund my money to me and I'll ship your stuff

back to you (packed up all nice to avoid damage) or 2) I can file a fraud

complaint with eBay and Paypal. The result will be the same, except with 2)

you won't have an account anymore."

I appreciate your advise but I don't think I am dealing with a honest person here. If he was legit I would bend over backwards and make it right for him. This guy is just too fishy. The only reason he even started this post is to try to get some kind of documentation that the part no are wrong and try to con me using paypal.

Good luck John, I have not patience for scam artist.

• Admin
A PDF version (not the latest version) of PET is available by following the link in our Links section here.

I will leave this thread open as long folks keep it civil - so please do...

• Admin

Okay - this is closed due to name calling. You folks need to take this offline.

Further discussion is between the buyer, seller and eBay.

John V's response to clarify and close this topic.

Bobby (AGS110) accused me of trying to keep his parts because I posted the springs for sale on ppbb. In actuality I was trying to pre-sell the RoW 030 springs that I thought I was winning in his auction. I bought a set of US 030 springs that I was going to use with his RoW 030 shocks (for SCCA Stock autocross competition). When they turned out to not be RoW 030 parts at all, obviously I had to cancel any pending sale.
Edited by Loren