Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Temperature sensor wire harness

I found the number (and ordered) the temperature sensor for my '97 which by looking inside the left side of the bumper, know that it does not have one. I have looked at the parts PDF but cannot find anything if mine is missing the wiring. I am planning on taking my front bumper off soon but want to have all the parts to hook it up if needed.

• Moderators

Where is your car?

A few years ago I did the retrofit on a December 1996 owned by one of the local guys. He was lucky because he got the sensor from a wrecking yard and they also sent him the front trunk wiring harness. It had the connector that the sensor plugs into, the gromet for the wires, everything. I only needed to separate the temp sensor harness from the horn harness. You also need 2 electrical pins that go into the white connector next to the brake booster.

This will give you a start. Look up the sensor in PET and then look at all the little parts listed under the sensor. You need those parts as well, otherwise there is nothing to plug the sensor into.