Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Which ROW M030 part number?

Loren or any other parts guru - I've had the ROW M030 suspension upgrade on backorder since late last year for my 2001 2.7 Boxster 5-speed. The part number Sunset quoted and ordered is 000-044-500-06. Is this the right part number? I can't tell from the parts list. Posts on this and other forums have indicated people are getting the kits, but for some reason this particular part number isn't shipping. I presume the upgrade is year and model specific - is that correct? Did the springs, sway bars and shocks change from year to year or something like that, and that's why some versions are available and others aren't?

Sunset is checking with Porsche in Germany. Is there some substitute part number that works or doesn't work exactly the some? Or is there a trick like ordering all the parts by individual part number? If yes, is there a breakdown of the specific parts in 000-044-500-06?

That is the correct part number.

Since it is a "kit" there is always the chance that one or parts is holding up the order.

Here is itemized list:

Thanks for the quick reply, Loren. Looking at the parts list, I'm curious. Why only one rear shock absorber? Shouldn't there be one for each side like at the front? There are 2 listed for the front. Or is this just a misprint?

post-84-1177087815_thumb.jpg

What does the red/yellow "Identification" mean? Coil spring colors?

• 3 months later...

My order with Sunset has been pending for 12 weeks now and Germany is still unable to give a reply to Sunset as to when the kit can be expected. There's a particular part missing (which Germany is not telling) which prevents the kit from being 'completed'.

Does anyone know where else I can get hold of a ROW 030 kit? Sunset has given me the option of cancelling the order...

My order with Sunset has been pending for 12 weeks now and Germany is still unable to give a reply to Sunset as to when the kit can be expected. There's a particular part missing (which Germany is not telling) which prevents the kit from being 'completed'.

Does anyone know where else I can get hold of a ROW 030 kit? Sunset has given me the option of cancelling the order...

I ordered my ROW M030 kit from Sunset in late December and it showed up in late June. It sounded like a combination of Porsche dropping the ball on the order (several times), specific parts missing in Germany, Sunset not bugging Porsche, and me not being demanding. Depending on your year and model (base or 'S'), there are different versions of the M030 kit. Althought some guys said they ordered the same kit as mine and it arrived quickly, so there might also be some issues internal to Sunset.

I was originally quoted a delivery time from Germany of 6 weeks, plus shipping from Sunset in Oregon to me.

Sunset had the best price, and I've always had good luck with them in the past. I've experienced a few many, many month delays in parts from Porsche when my car was under warranty, so I wasn't overly surprised at the delay

I ordered my ROW M030 kit from Sunset in late December and it showed up in late June....

My goodness! So it can take that long. Good to know. I'll probably hang on to the order while I search for other alternatives. Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
Have you tried Carnewal.com?

I finally got the kit from Carnewal after a 5 weeks wait. It seems the kit doesn't come with any bumstops and I'll take this opportunity to install new ones rather than re-use my existing ones.

Is there anything else that's not included in this kit but would be a good time to get new ones rather than re-use the existing parts from the stock suspension? I want to make sure everything's in place before the swap begins..

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Have you tried Carnewal.com?

I finally got the kit from Carnewal after a 5 weeks wait. It seems the kit doesn't come with any bumstops and I'll take this opportunity to install new ones rather than re-use my existing ones.

Is there anything else that's not included in this kit but would be a good time to get new ones rather than re-use the existing parts from the stock suspension? I want to make sure everything's in place before the swap begins..

Thanks.

I ordered mine from Sunset Porsche and it took 3 weeks. It really must be luck of the draw with timing and parts being available in Germany.

• 4 months later...

Loren,

Do you know if the kit number you stated above is also good for '99 Tip? Sunset tells me that there isn't a distinction between 5spd and tip, although I would think Tip should have stiffer rear springs because of higher weight.

Others,

Definitely be sure you check ALL your parts against Loren's list above. The kit I received had all same P/N except for one front strut which had P/N 996.343.041.16.

Thanks,

Hung

• Admin
Loren,

Do you know if the kit number you stated above is also good for '99 Tip? Sunset tells me that there isn't a distinction between 5spd and tip, although I would think Tip should have stiffer rear springs because of higher weight.

Others,

Definitely be sure you check ALL your parts against Loren's list above. The kit I received had all same P/N except for one front strut which had P/N 996.343.041.16.

Thanks,

Hung

The RoW M030 kit for a MY99 is the same for a Boxster S and a Boxster with a Tiptronic.

Parts in this kit should be:

986 343 041 30 shock absorber

986 333 051 30 shock absorber

986 343 531 11 504 coil spring

986 333 531 31 504 coil spring

996 343 792 17 stabiliser mounting

996 333 792 28 stabiliser mounting

986 333 701 21 stabiliser

996 343 701 23 stabiliser

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone - my first post here!

I too would appreciate a verification on M030 part numbers for my boxster:

I just bought it a few days ago - a 2003 986 S with a manual gearbox. The original owner has installed GT3 Recaro leather seats in Germany. Along with the seats, they installed what he was told is a "GT suspension". I am in the process of determining exactly what this means in terms of sway bars, springs and shocks. Although the car handles quite well and predictably as it is (the entry understeer is present but it is easily canceled out with some trail braking), I am prepared to replace the suspension with a proper M030, if I find out that by "GT suspension" they meant just lowering springs.

So, for my 2003 M008 (986 S 3.2 Litres), M480 (6-speed manual), these are the parts I have found to comprise an M030 «Sport type running gear»:

986-343-041-31 Front shock absorber - bilstein (quantity 2)

986-343-531-16 Front coil springs (set) - marked yellow white

996-343-701-(04,21,10,23 which one?) Front stabilizer

996-343-792-(12,17 which one?) Front stabilizer mounting (quantity 2)

986-333-701-11 Rear stabilizer

996-333-792-25 Rear stabilizer mounting 19.8mm (quantity 2)

986-333-051-31 Rear shock absorber - bilstein (quantity 2)

986-333-531-40 Rear coil springs (set) - marked orange brown

A guy at the local (Athens, Greece) Porsche dealer told me today that their system does not recognize some part numbers. I got them from a document I found on the Internet: "Porsche PET - 1997-2004 - 986 Boxster".

Thanks!

OK, here is the data I have on my car:

Front shocks: 986 343 041 30

Front springs: Two adjacent dots, yellow and red, and one brown dot towards the top. Could not make out the part number.

Front stabilizer: Couldn't make out the number.

Rear shocks: 986 333 051 30

Rear springs: Couldn't make out the colored dots, or the number.

Rear stabilizer: 986 333 701 11

From the 30 ending of the shocks, it looks like it may be the MY99 ROW M030 which Loren listed a few posts back. Except my rear stabilizer doesn't match Loren's MY99.

This may be off-topic here but, given that my car is a 2003 6-gears, I would be grateful for opinions on how correct this particular M030 combination is for my car. (I have to say though, the handling is progressive and, after adjusting toe and camber, even more balanced than I expected from a reputedly understeering boxster).

Thanks for this excellent forum!

It seems that sorting out part numbers is no simple task :)

I just found a pdf document from techninfo.porsche.com, D_986_KATALOG.pdf, which lists the "30" springs as the correct, post-2000, M030 shocks for my car (i.e., no distinction for 2003, only -99 and 00-).

Loren, the same doc lists 16 and 18 endings for the -99 M030 shocks. And also, 12 and 14 endings, without year, but with an "A" in front ("America"?).