Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CDC-3 CD-Changer Installation

Hallo

is there a TSB available for the retrofit of a original CDC-3 Porsche CD-Changer?

I have bought the Porsche harness for the changer and would like to know how to install it into the car.

Thank you for Your help

Turro

Thanks for the help.

I ran the wires inside the car and put everything back together. But the CDC is not working..

I can insert the magazine into the changer, but my radio does not recognize the changer.

I have a Becker Mexico MD radio.

I changed the radio back to the original Porsche Radio and the Changer works fine.

So what is the problem?

I have bought the original porsche cd installation kit, with the original porsche wire.

Both Radios are made by Becker, also the changer, in the manual of my becker mexico is written that it supports the becker silverstone 2600 or 2660, I don't remember exactly. The Silverstone is the same as the CDC-3, right?

I don't have an idea how to solve the problem, perhaps you can help me.

Thank you

Turro

• Admin

Yes the Becker 2600 is the same as the CDC-3 (just without the Porsche logo). I don't know the Becker Mexico MD very well but as far as I know it does support CD changers. Have you tried cycling through the menu on the radio (after the CD player is installed)? Perhaps you need to set something on a menu?

I called the Becker Service Hotline, and they told me, that it is not possible to install any Becker Radio to the Porsche CD changers like the CDC-3. Even if the changer is made by Becker and the label says BE 2660.

I do not belive this, because he also said that it isn't possible to install a Silverstone 2660 to a factory Porsche Radio like the CR-21 etc.

I thought that it's no problem to install a Silverstone to a Porsche radio.

Has anyone in this forum a Becker radio and a porsche CDC-3 changer installed?

• Moderators

There is something wrong. The Becker Silverstone 2660 is identical to the Porsche CDC-3. If you look at the sticker on a CDC-3 it even has the Becker model number on it. The CDC-3 has a 993 part number on it because it was even used in the 993 which I think had the Porsche 210 radio made by Becker

We have put in many 2660 and CDC-3 in 1997-2002. Our 1997-2002 factory radios in the US are the Porsche 210 and 220 made by Becker. In Europe they are 21 and 22, same radios as the US except for the frequency. Every time we have hooked up a 2660/CDC-3 to a 210 or 220 it worked.

It even works with the Traffic Pro sold by Becker which is identical to the unit sold by Porsche. Within the past few weeks 2 local Boxster owners have changed their 220 for a Traffic Pro and both have the CDC-3 changer.

I do not know the Becker Mexico MD since mini disc is not popular in the US. Do you have to tell the radio that there is a changer for the changer to work? On the 210 and 220 and Traffic Pro we just plug in the changer and the radio finds it.

I was going to say maybe you have a bad changer, or maybe the cable is bad, but you say it works with the original radio. Make sure the manual for the Mexico says it works with the 2660. I see your message on the Becker board and maybe Horst will have a suggestion.

post-4-1102353629.jpg

The manual says the Becker Mexico works with the Becker 2660 and another one, but I forgot the number, have to look it up.

I the manual of the radio is written, that you have to plug in the wires of the changer into the radio, and that is all. The radio should recognize the changer, I have to push a button an the radio to change the source that plays the music. One is the radio(works fine), when I push it twice the md is activated(works also fine) and the third time pushing the button should change to the cdc, but the radio is activated instead.

So perhaps my radio is broken. But as I mentioned before the changer has power, because I can take the magazine out by pushing the button inside the changer.

I don't know what to do, when I buy a new Becker radio, or a new Porsche MDR32(identical with the Becker MD, but the price in germany is 1200 EUR) I have no garanty that it will work, so I have to use my old CR-21, or build in the PCM :)

• Moderators

You might want to try the German Bosxter message board. There is a technical section. They even let me on their board and I am from California. You need to register first and it takes some time.

http://stau.jowood.de/phpBB2/index.php?sid...36b182b404a58fd

The other Silverstone changer that should work is 2630 - a 10 disc. Maybe that is the other one mentioned in your manual.

From what you said the changer has power from the Mexico. No idea why you cannot get sound.