Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Has anyone been able to connect an I-Pod ( or other MP3 player ) to the 997 radio ?

Is it possible via the CD changer connection ?

It would be great to be able to convince the radio that it's just another CD and scroll thru the menu.

Failing that, does anyone know of a good FM transmitter ? I have the Griffin I-TRIP and it is not very good.

Thanks.

Has anyone been able to connect an I-Pod ( or other MP3 player ) to the 997 radio ?

It would be great to be able to convince the radio that it's just another CD and scroll thru the menu.

Failing that, does anyone know of a good FM transmitter ? I have the Griffin I-TRIP and it is not very good.

Thanks.

DLO TransPod works awesome, far better than any other fm transmitter I have tried in the past

Thanks.

DLO TransPod works awesome, far better than any other fm transmitter I have tried in the past

Thank you, I will try the DLO unit .

• 1 month later...

Thanks.

Starting with mid 2005 models and greater the 997 started supporting MP3's burned on to CD's which is some consolation.

However, I have tried a Monster FM transmitter (I think they call it the iCar) and it works okay in my Benz, but I don't have the 911 yet so I can't speak for it.

• 5 months later...

Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I found something that would work..

According to the Dension site, there ice>Link Gateway 500 should be our answer in integrating an iPod. Unfortunately there product compatibility chart is extremely vague. In hopes to have an absolute answer to this torture, I have sent them an e-mail to confirm compatibility with the PCM head units.

http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway500.php

At worst, they offer a hard wired FM Modulator (ice>Link FM). Basically it connects directly to the radio antenna. That type of connection works very well as it will not get the static / connection loss like the iTrip and others of the kind...

http://www.dension.com/icelinkfm.php

• 2 weeks later...

Guys

Sort of the same thread! I have never recorded Mp3's onto a CD for this car before!

If I am going to record some of my favorite music to MP3 or Wma. What Kbhp rate do you recomended?

I am mindful that there is a balance of quality vs. quantity. Is it a normal audio CD I use?

Thanks for the info on the new ipod (denison) link, I gather from other posts that this has been a source of frustration for a lot of IPod owners.

The only positive I'm guessing if Porsche use these sites as a source of market research that should be able to deliver exactly what it is people want in their cars.

Thanks

Ok, I received a response from Dension.

"Hello,

it will definitely work, but we will relies the Gateway 500 for Porsche cars in Q4.

Now we are working on it is so I can not tell you the exact date.

Check our website!

Regards,

Dension Support"

Well it looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel..!

Porsche is a very advanced technological brand, but this issue they are prehistoric

Cassete, CD , DVD... all of them are going to disappear. The future is a HD with USB connection. BUS MOST creates more problems than solutions.

Everyone has an iPod ...

i just installed a brand new unit from nav-tv that intergarates perfectly into the most system. it allows total intergration with your i pod. i instaleed it between the stock nav system and the radio. it plays and lists all menus on the stock scren. it is awsome and feels as tho it should have come stock in the car. my buddy max got it for me at al & eds in thousand oaks. i think he still has one left.. ps this is not an add.....just a happy camper

i just installed a brand new unit from nav-tv that intergarates perfectly into the most system. it allows total intergration with your i pod. i instaleed it between the stock nav system and the radio. it plays and lists all menus on the stock scren. it is awsome and feels as tho it should have come stock in the car. my buddy max got it for me at al & eds in thousand oaks. i think he still has one left.. ps this is not an add.....just a happy camper

Can you post some pics?

ill try tommorow, its pretty easy, i pulled the optical plug out of the nav unit, then diconnected the out and ran it to the in of the nav-tv unit then ran another optical cable that came with the nav- unit back to the stock nav unit. kinda like a loop. then connected the power and up it came. it sees it as the disc changer on the lcd screen

also sorry for the bad spelling i was talking to my daughter at the time of post

according to the "nav-tv" site (http://www.nav-tv.com), they only have a kit available for 2004 + Cayenne. I don't know if they will have one for the 997's...

People are successfully installing Cayenne Sat Radio kits into 997's without any problems, so I don't imagine there will be any problems getting this to work in the 997 either.

you are prob right about the nav-tv web site not listing the unit for the 997 yet. like i said my buddy max at al and eds got the first one available for the 997. i have a 06 997s conv. and i installed it last night, and like i said it works great. ill try to post pics tomm.

you are prob right about the nav-tv web site not listing the unit for the 997 yet. like i said my buddy max at al and eds got the first one available for the 997. i have a 06 997s conv. and i installed it last night, and like i said it works great. ill try to post pics tomm.

What exactly does it do ?

Also, how difficult/easy is it to install ?

Thanks.

How much?

• 1 month later...

gents:

no issues with nav-tv unit for 72 hours.

it simply rocks.

and its auxillary input works as well.

i do not have porsche sirius radio; however now i have AUX-in sirius radio and can move receiver between my porsche and other car.

playlists/artist lists/etc load well, though the more you have, the slightly longer it takes.

ver intuitive interface. photos/pics/video shot; operating manual under development.

can't beat IPOD+nav-tv unit; far superior to stock CD changer..

price=$599 and one and one/half hour (generous) of your time.....

:clapping: kudos to moni!