Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

TrafficPro wiring help

I hooked up the TrafficPro model 4773 to the two connectors that came off the prior CDR 220. Only thing that doesn't work are the speakers. Seems this has been discovered and I guess a wire has to be 'moved from Connector A pin 5 to Connector C1 pin 6.

What is the best way to do this? Can I just solder a wire between the two wires or must I cut the wire going to the connector A and then solder to C1 pin 6

What I'm trying to find out is it OK to leave the original wires intact and just connect the two with a 'jumper'?

:help:

Joe

I hooked up the TrafficPro model 4773 to the two connectors that came off the prior CDR 220. Only thing that doesn't work are the speakers. Seems this has been discovered and I guess a wire has to be 'moved from Connector A pin 5 to Connector C1 pin 6.

What is the best way to do this? Can I just solder a wire between the two wires or must I cut the wire going to the connector A and then solder to C1 pin 6

What I'm trying to find out is it OK to leave the original wires intact and just connect the two with a 'jumper'?

:help:

Joe

Hi Joe,

I went from CDR22 to Traffic Pro Highspeed on my 99 C4 (no Bose but amp) and the way you described it is exactly how it's done. Just jumper the two wires and the amp should be supplied with power. No need to disconnect anything prior to that.

I guess right now you can SEE everything working fine and the bars will move when you adjust the volume but no sound at all!?

Thorsten

Thanks guys,

I just put a jumper between the two pins and voila...... sweet music!!

Put the TrafficPro back in the dash and the A/C control unit and trim piece.

Now enjoying a beer with a little grin on my face.

The fit of the two top screws on the side guides for the A/C controls (which were moved from the lower console with a console delete installed) seemed a little sloppy. I believe I read somewhere that this was a problem for someone else. If anyone can direct me to that post I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for all the help.

Joe

Did the same about 2 years ago. You dont need to cut and solder. A jumper works fine.

Thanks guys,

I just put a jumper between the two pins and voila...... sweet music!!

Put the TrafficPro back in the dash and the A/C control unit and trim piece.

Now enjoying a beer with a little grin on my face.

The fit of the two top screws on the side guides for the A/C controls (which were moved from the lower console with a console delete installed) seemed a little sloppy. I believe I read somewhere that this was a problem for someone else. If anyone can direct me to that post I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for all the help.

You're welcome. There's nothing sweeter than the feeling of successfully completing a mod on your car. Especially if a cold beer is waiting :clapping:

Edited by toddel68

One of the best solutions to get a navi radio CD is to install the new Becker Indianapolis Pro. It's provided with a bluetooth telephone hand free system, and besides can reproduce MP3. It has an ipod connection too. The design is the same as Porsche radios (made by Becker)

7950_India_Pro_Gelb_Zoom_1.jpg

Edited by juankimalo

This can't be used for the United States though, right?

One of the best solutions to get a navi radio CD is to install the new Becker Indianapolis Pro. It's provided with a bluetooth telephone hand free system, and besides can reproduce MP3. It has an ipod connection too. The design is the same as Porsche radios (made by Becker)

This can't be used for the United States though, right?

I didn't know :(

Sorry , I'm always thinking about an european :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Other than the earlier Becker units like the Traffic Pro Highspeed the display of the Indy cannot be inverted to match the Porsche display (dark background, highlighted letters).

Thus it's not really a perfect fit. So Becker saved 20 cents on the display and I'm not upgrading BT telephone and Ipod :-(

Thorsten

Other than the earlier Becker units like the Traffic Pro Highspeed the display of the Indy cannot be inverted to match the Porsche display (dark background, highlighted letters).

Thus it's not really a perfect fit. So Becker saved 20 cents on the display and I'm not upgrading BT telephone and Ipod :-(

Thorsten

May be but this is not a very important stuff to me.

Thorsten

May be but this is not a very important stuff to me.

Well it was you who said the design was the same as the factory radio which is not true. There may be others who want the perfect match.

Thorsten