Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

brake pedal return spring noise

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AG996LV

AG996LV

• Members
  • 43 posts
Neutral

Posted October 21, 2006 - 05:01 PM

I seem to have a noise coming from a spring on the back side of the brake pedal. This spring looks like it helps bring the brake pedal back up to the top when the brake pedal is released. My question is, has anyone here had the same problem, and if so, can you just remove the spring? Or will removing the spring cause the brakes to not fully release? If I can't remove the spring, is there a way to stop the noise other than turning on the radio? Car is a 6 speed if that makes any difference in the brake pedal... I doubt it. Thanks.

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,033 posts
Outstanding

Posted October 21, 2006 - 06:33 PM

Do not remove the return spring - lubricate the assembly with Optimal, Optitemp LG2 grease, Part No.: 000.043.203.37.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 AG996LV

AG996LV

• Members
  • 43 posts
Neutral

Posted October 22, 2006 - 09:04 AM

Do not remove the return spring - lubricate the assembly with Optimal, Optitemp LG2 grease, Part No.: 000.043.203.37.

OK, thanks Loren. This is some special grease from the dealership? I can't substitute white lithium grease instead? Is it in a spray can by chance?

#4 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,033 posts
Outstanding

Posted October 22, 2006 - 09:53 AM

No it is not a spray. The "offical" workshop practice is to remove the pedal cluster, clean and re-grease the bushings (on both the clutch and brake pedal arms). I think any good lithium based grease will work fine.
Here is the tech low down on Castrol Optitemp LG grease.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#5 dsulu

dsulu

• Members
  • 44 posts
Neutral

Posted November 27, 2006 - 12:00 AM

are you able to resolve that springy noisy from the brake paddle? I am interested in knowing how the grease is applied. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org