Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2002+ 996 Headlight Connectors for 1999 996

Hello All,

It's my first time posting here, but I do come to this site pretty often and read alot of the posts.

Here is my dilemma:

Car: 1999 Porsche 996 - with full GT2 body conversion.

We have attached everything to the car as far as the body goes, but our only problem is wiring of the headlights.

---This problem is pretty minor and we've figured out most of the wiring on our own, except now we have a bigger problem:

the 1999 Harness has a 10 pin connector and the back of the headlight has a 12 pin connector.

12pin.jpg

We have searched everywhere and are looking for a place or someone who can sell to us just the 12-pin headlight connectors

Alot of places wanted to sell the whole front clip of the car, or just charge $500+ for the wiring harness (each side) which is way more than what we need.

Is there a way to make your own harness connector for this headlamp?

Whho has the connector for this headlight, or where can I find the connectors?

I tried and connecting the pins individually causes the risk of them touching out and shorting out:

wires.jpg

I've spent hours searching and have had no luck.

Please help. This car begs to be driven.

I would try a salvage company or you could look for part in the Porsche PET catalog. Try this link.

https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/index.jsp

Thanks Lee,

I searched the PET catalog but didn't fnd the part. Pelican parts has the whole wiring harness, but they are asking for $400+ each side. All we need is just the connector. It's difficult to find parts for this car and we really wish to drive it. Anyone here know of a place with a donor car having Litronic headlamps?

• Moderators

Oh, Danny. Danny is a 2000 Boxster owner who put in the fenders and headlights (non bi-xenon) from a 2002-2004 996. He used the standard Boxster headlight bracket but had to break off the back the holds the electrical connector. He somehow wired up the 996 headlights witout using the 996 bracket and 996 wiring harness.

post-4-1199166800_thumb.jpg

Oh, Danny. Danny is a 2000 Boxster owner who put in the fenders and headlights (non bi-xenon) from a 2002-2004 996. He used the standard Boxster headlight bracket but had to break off the back the holds the electrical connector. He somehow wired up the 996 headlights witout using the 996 bracket and 996 wiring harness.

Tool Pants,

This is a a *Huge* glimmer of hope. 911pcar didn't budge on their price even after offering $400 for just the connectors only, and this is a viable solution for us.

Is there a way for me to contact Danny through this forum?

:renntech:

• 1 month later...

I have seem a few posts on the conversion of the headlights after a front bumper upgrade. Does anybody have the wiring conversion from the 2001- to the 2002+. I looked in my wiring diagram for MY01 996 and is says:

Pin 1 High beam ground / fog light ground / turn signal ground / side marker ground

pin 2 high beam power

pin 3 fog light power

pin 4 low beam ground

pin 6 side maker power

pin 7 turn signal power

pin 9 low beam power

Can anybody translate that to the 2002+ HID version.

Thanks.

I just converted from a 2002 halogen to Bi-xenon. I used the thread below for wiring instructions.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8612

Also...check out this thread for some wiring diagrams.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/show...ad.php?t=403237

Sorry...not exactly what you are looking for.....hope it helps some.

-Manil

• 3 months later...

I think I am clsoe to completing the retrofit - a lot of rewiring but the difference is huge. I only thing left is the autoleveling wiring. My 2001 has 4 wires for the autoleveling, the same as the 2002+, but I can't match them up. There seems to be no power to any of the wires when I turn the lights on (before the car is started). Does anybody no when the autoleveling happens. Is it when the lights are turned on or when the car is turned on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...

Coming here to revive this thread. 03-06 cayenne xenon adapters work and can be found on eBay for $25. After you do that you can splice into the harness and wire them together. I attached my diagram and everything I did. The headlights work and are fully operational. I ended up taking apart the back side of the 996.1 headlight and using that coupler to plug into the factory harness so I didn’t have to cut it up. (I can’t upload the pictures but respond and I can email them to you if need be)

Edited by Lewbra