Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

CDR 23 radio question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Knox

Gary Knox

• Members
  • 33 posts
Neutral

Posted February 02, 2008 - 10:17 AM

Loren, I really like the appearance of the CRD 23 radio, and am interested in replacing a CDR 220 radio I have in an older Porsche ('94 928 GTS). CAN IT BE DONE??? IF so, how would I go about it? I have a friend with a CRD 23 that is readily available - is a code needed? THANK YOU for your assistance to so many people with radio code problems etc. in the past, and hope you might know a way to make this work !!! Cheers, Gary Knox

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,218 posts
Outstanding

Posted February 02, 2008 - 10:48 AM

Hmm... I don't know if it will work without a code. A CDR-23 is a MOST bus (fiber optic) radio and it expects to get its code from the DME. One of the older radios would likely be an easier update (i.e. CDR-220).

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 Tool Pants

Tool Pants

Boxsternaut

• Moderators
  • 5,029 posts
Excellent

Posted February 02, 2008 - 11:31 AM

Becker use to have a message board. http://www.beckeraut...board/index.php

When this tyle of question was asked, retrofit a CDR-23 in anything other than a 2003-2004, the answer was no.

The CDR-23 and the MOST thing started in 2003.

#4 Gary Knox

Gary Knox

• Members
  • 33 posts
Neutral

Posted February 02, 2008 - 02:17 PM

Loren, Sorry about the duplicate questions - new to this board!! I find it very interesting that the CDR 23 radio is essentially identical in function, front face appearance, rear plug in configuration etc. to the Chrysler Crossfire radio also made by Becker. That radio does not use any code system, and it does have excellent AM/FM/CD performance. I have a CDR 220 in the 928 GTS now. Just like the looks, operation, etc. of the CDR 23 better, and would like to install one. There's gotta be a way to by pass the MOST &n code requirement - Becker didn't even put it in the Crossfire radios. Guess I'll contact Becker to see what they have to say. I can send them an e-mail from their website: www.beckerautosound.com THANKS AGAIN for your assistance, Gary Knox

Edited by Gary Knox, February 02, 2008 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org