Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Larget Tires for 22" Rims?

I've ordered a set of rim (22X10 5-130 50S). As you can see they're 10" wide with a 50mm off-set. Does anyone know if 305/35-22 size tires will fit a Cayenne Turbo? The shop agreed to order them, do a fit test and then let me order a different size if they rub. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried.

Its going to be real close. The main concern is the upper ball joint. the rubbing on the plastic is not a big deal and can be fixed. my overall diameter is 29.2 and the sise your trying in a 30.4. im about to order tires and am curious if they will fit too let me know

I've ordered a set of rim (22X10 5-130 50S). As you can see they're 10" wide with a 50mm off-set. Does anyone know if 305/35-22 size tires will fit a Cayenne Turbo? The shop agreed to order them, do a fit test and then let me order a different size if they rub. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried.

• Admin

If you look at the Wheels & Tires TSB for the Cayenne (Gen 1) it says 295/35 x 21 as the max size on a 50 mm offset wheel.

I know Wheel Enhancement sells some Cayenne 22' wheels - you might check with them.

That tire will be way too tall and throw your speedo off. I run a 295/30/22 and it is the closest in overall size to OEM. The tire might fit on the 10" rim, but I think it should be a 10.5" rim minimum for a 305 tire. 1010tires.com has a tire calculator to help you out. You also could go to a 23" rim and do 315/25/23.

when do you try it out? If it clears the ball joint im going to order them the second you say it does. If it rubs on plastic it is not a fig deal to heat up with heat gun and stretch it back. there is plenty of room behind the inner fender wells to go back enough to not rub. I have already looked at doing it. I dieing to order them. Im even willing to cut extra treads on ball joint to clear. please let us know Thanks!

when do you try it out? If it clears the ball joint im going to order them the second you say it does. If it rubs on plastic it is not a fig deal to heat up with heat gun and stretch it back. there is plenty of room behind the inner fender wells to go back enough to not rub. I have already looked at doing it. I dieing to order them. Im even willing to cut extra treads on ball joint to clear. please let us know Thanks!

They fit with absolutely no problem. No rubbing of the bolt or plastic...even when in Load Level. It clears the bolt by about any inch. I love the way it looks. They REALLY fill the wheelwells. But, I have to admit, you might not like the look if you don't have the OEM Wheel Arch Extensions. I have them and I would say the wheels are perfect. Without the extensions, the tires might hang out a little too far. . I'm also running the OEM 17MM spacers on back.

To clarify, I'm running 305-35-22 tires on 22X10 wheels with 50MM offset with no problems at all.

Matt

Edited by AVIA8R

great! I'm ordering them right now, you did the 305/35/22 PIRELLI right? you said the tires stick out? off the rims? does it look strange? any possible way to post a picture? Thanks for the reply

Yes, the Pirellis. They're the only one's in that size. Discount Tire was totally out for two months. They had to buy them from Tire Rack.

The tires stick out a little. If you have the Wheel Arch Extensions like I have, they stick out just enough. I would only be concerned that they might stick out too much for some people taste without the wheel arch extension. I think you'll be good. These rims are made specifically for the Cayenne.

Sorry, out of the country until next week. I can send pics next week.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I meant that the rims stick out a little more than factory. But, if you're using the same rims, that'll not be an issue. I did a full fit check with the car in the lowest and normal position with no rubbing. I did however hear a tire rub last week when I had the car on the highest (Special Terrain) level when the wheel was turned all of the way in one direction. Not really an issue, just don't crank the wheel all the way to one side or the other when you're in Special Terrain mode. Other than that, after almost a month I've had no issues and love the way the car rides and looks. I highly suggest the 305/35-22 size tires on front and back.

• 6 years later...