As you may have noticed we have had some server issues since updating the software. We will be moving to a new (more powerful) server soon. I will post a notice here when we get closer to the physical move. In the meantime -- Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.   Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must login to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Loren

Lost Radio Code - FAQ -- Read This FIRST

1 post in this topic

Which radios fitted to Porsche can have their unlock code recovered through serial number?
- CR-220/CDR-220 - Becker
- CR-210/CDR-210 - Becker
- Traffic Pro NAV/CD - Becker

Which radios can not have their unlock code recovered through serial number?
- CR1 - Alpine
- CDR-23/24 (or later) - Becker
- PCM (Porsche Communication Management) – Siemens & Becker

How to get your radio serial number?
CR-220/CDR-220:
Hold down the TP button for at least 10 seconds after you turn the radio on. "Becker 1" will be displayed. Rotate the right knob (slowly) and it will display the Becker model number. Then rotate it again and the serial number should be displayed on the radio.
Or, if the radio is out of the car the then the serial number is on the label.

CR-210/CDR-210:
Press tone, then 8 and 0 simultaneously. "Becker" appears. Press station up arrow on right. "PR-VERS" appears. Press one of numbered buttons below display, directly below the LCD arrowheads (try a few). The model number will appear. Press station up arrow on right. "SERIAL N" will appear. Press the numbered button again. The serial number will appear.
Or, if the radio is out of the car the then the serial number is on the label.

CDR-23 (or later):
These radios do not have a security code - that is, not that the user enters.
These radios are security tested on the MOST (fiber optic bus) system to see if they are the "programmed" radio. The radios are programmed and recognized by the car’s DME and can only be replaced by a shop with a PST2 or PIWIS. These radios will not request a code when battery power is disconnected.

Traffic Pro:
Select the Service Menu, press NAV and multifunction key 10 simultaneously in radio mode. Use multifunction keys Nxt and Prv or turn the right control knob to select the individual items.
You can move through the following items:
- Model-No.
- Serial-No. <-- this is what we need
- Changer Reset
- GAL
- Radio Software
- Radio Bolo
- Navi Rom
- Navi Flash
- RTC Value
To quit the service menu, press END.

I get a WAIT in the display - what do I do?
You have to wait at least 30 minutes before trying again.

The suggested number did not work - what do I do now?
Most often when the code we give you does not work it is because the serial number came from an old card in the car rather than from the procedure stated above - or a typo in the serial number submitted. Double check the serial number you submitted using the procedure above again.
Our program works maybe 99.9% of the time but we have no explanation why it doesn't always work.
You can try 2 digits different each time (and sometime that works). So if your code is 1013 - then try codes 2 digits different from that code (i.e. 1011, 1009, 1015, 1017. etc.)
If that does not work then you will need to contact a dealer or Becker. Becker charges to look up your code and some dealers also charge.

Can you give me a code for my PCM?
These units are manufactured jointly by Siemens and Becker, and the only place where you can get the codes required is from the dealer/OPC. The PCM’s require two codes, the ICS/Siemens code and a Becker code. The ICS is the first code requested.
Sorry, the only place you can get a PCM code is from a dealer/OPC.

Can I post my VIN to get a code?
We do NOT need your VIN - only your radio serial number.

Where can I post my lost code request?
Please post your request here:
Lost Radio Code - post your request here

Please DO NOT PM me or email me (or anyone else helping with the codes) your radio code request - we will only answer requests in that one thread.

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.