As you may have noticed we have had some server issues since updating the software. We will be moving to a new (more powerful) server soon. I will post a notice here when we get closer to the physical move. In the meantime -- Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate
Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must login to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
- OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
1 post in this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
I have recently had to replace the broken PCM unit in my 2007 Cayenne, I chose an AVH-X8800BT Pioneer head unit. I have used the following connectors:
Everything works pretty much as expected, apart from the lack of reception. I have hooked up the blue aerial adapter wire to the blue / white wire coming out of the head unit, but it doesn't seem to make a difference at all. The blue white wire has roughly 12v on it when it is unplugged, and I can get a voltage back at the other end of the fakra aerial wires where they plug into the amplifier in the rear spoiler.
Does anyone have any clues as to why it doesn't seem to be working? At the rear spoiler it looks like I have two amps, 1 on each side, the right hand amp has EXT, black and curry coloured connectors, the left side just has EXT.
Has anyone got any hints as to how I can diagnose this? Just to confirm that the reception was working fine on the old Porsche unit before it died.
I have issue with CR220 on 2002 Porsche Boxster Base, it didn't power on at first so here is the progress I made sofar
- Read the blogs/youtube and removed the radio after purchasing the radio removal tool from Walmart (~$6)
- Found the fuse behind the radio was blown (10Amp), replaced it with one from local auto store
- now the radio is ON but prompting for **CODE**, thanks to Renntech got the code to unlock it
- Entered the CODE now the radio seems to be working but NO audio !!!
- Looked at the service manual and fuse details since some of the blogs pointed me to fuse box and the fuse for the AMP.
- The 7.5Amp fuse was blown on the fuse box ROW D and Number 9 (D9). So while I am waiting for the fuse to arrive (from amazon) I - - had a 15AMP fuse handy and tried to insert it but there was a spar when I tried to do that !!!, guessing a short to the ground some where down the wires.
- So started to remove Audio related modules from the front of the trunk. And found two Bose modules one seems to be the AMP big black casing with lot of vent holes. And there is another module don't know what it is. After I disconnected the wiring connectors from these modules I was able to insert the D9 fuse in the fuse box. So I am guessing there is something is wrong with the AMP or the other Bose module.
Did you see similar problem ? What are these two modules for ? there 3 connectors going to these two modules. Any ideas on how to fix it or get it repaired (i don't know which one of these two has the issue or short)
New to the forum and i am having a difficult time navigating.I am not even sure this was the way to ask a question by posting a new topic... If not i apologize.
I bought a 2002 boxter with automatic transmission and only 68,000 miles. First boxter and I know very little about the car. Had the car sit in the garage for a couple of weeks after the purchase and found it completely dead. The used car dealer that sold it to me changed the battery. Since then I seem to be having all kinds of annoying electrical problems. The key fob decided not to work any more-I replaced the key fob battery twice. Still nothing. My driver rear running light does not work, worked fine before -checked the bulbs, all are fine. So are all the fuses. My left front running light does not work either. Nothing major but annoying nonetheless. My other question is to see if you can get me the code for the radio. Was working fine of course till the battery removal. Previous owner did not write it in the manual... Following your radio I.D. recovery procedure I've gotten the following: Type 4362 and serial # 15004832. Hope you can help. Thank you in advance. The radio code is the most important item for me at this time. Have been driving the vehicle for about a month and absolutely falling in love with the car...
By OU Targa
05 Cayenne base, standard original radio but wanting to upgrade so I can get touch screen bluetooth etc....
If I have the standard base radio, is that still a BOSE radio system (i.e. bose radio/amp, and MOST system?)
I know I don't have the upgraded sound system but am not clear if I still have the same upgrade issues regarding the MOST system (seems like everyone refers to it as the Bose Most system or similar so does that mean the standard equipment is NOT-BOSE).
Do I need the Most HUR 955 interface no matter what or is there a chance that the non-upgraded default radio does not require it?