Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Racing stripes on a boxster

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 majormcf

majormcf

• Members
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted April 21, 2008 - 06:15 PM

Does anyone have any pics of boxsters with racing stripes? I was considering putting a racing stripe down my speed yellow boxster. I have seen a few corvettes with the black stripe and wanted an idea of how it would look. Going to use film so I can take it off if I hate it. Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• porsche_pass_front.jpg

#2 Thanassis

Thanassis

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 44 posts
Neutral

Posted April 22, 2008 - 05:43 AM

You could have someone photoshop different types of stripes on your own car. Just an idea. T

#3 CJ_Boxster

CJ_Boxster

• Members
  • 509 posts
Neutral

Posted April 22, 2008 - 06:10 AM

Does anyone have any pics of boxsters with racing stripes? I was considering putting a racing stripe down my speed yellow boxster. I have seen a few corvettes with the black stripe and wanted an idea of how it would look. Going to use film so I can take it off if I hate it. Any thoughts?

I could imagine racing stripes somewhat like the f430 scuderia that progressively get larger as the go up the hood would look nice.
--Proud Boxster Owner,
Fast Forward Performance Tech
Carlos J Cazares
Posted Image

#4 majormcf

majormcf

• Members
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted April 22, 2008 - 07:41 AM

I could imagine racing stripes somewhat like the f430 scuderia that progressively get larger as the go up the hood would look nice.

thanks!

Thats what I was thinking, and with a decal it will come off easily. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt in left field.

#5 majormcf

majormcf

• Members
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted April 22, 2008 - 07:45 AM

This was a model I found in yellow

Attached Images

• ferrari.jpg

#6 CJ_Boxster

CJ_Boxster

• Members
  • 509 posts
Neutral

Posted April 22, 2008 - 08:03 AM

That does look really nice! You can also play with it alittle and think about having the stripes start from the center of the forward facing part of your bumper, the area marked in gray.

Attached Thumbnails

• porsche_pass_front.jpg

--Proud Boxster Owner,
Fast Forward Performance Tech
Carlos J Cazares
Posted Image

#7 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 27,681 posts
Outstanding

Posted April 22, 2008 - 08:15 AM

Or there is the Porsche solution... As I recall these are not too expensive. body_decal.png

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#8 majormcf

majormcf

• Members
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted May 04, 2008 - 03:36 PM

Or there is the Porsche solution...
As I recall these are not too expensive.

body_decal.png

I like that idea too but the ferarri is the best idea, wish I could find someone who has done it

Attached Images

• boxster_stripe.jpg
  • boxster_stripe.jpg

#9 Tool Pants

Tool Pants

Boxsternaut

• Moderators
  • 5,029 posts
Excellent

Posted May 04, 2008 - 11:25 PM

A local 986 owner has stripes.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5398.JPG
  • IMG_5399.JPG

#10 majormcf

majormcf

• Members
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted May 07, 2008 - 10:40 AM

A local 986 owner has stripes.

Thanks, that was what I was looking for

#11 Spongebob_Greenpants

Spongebob_Greenpants

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted May 12, 2008 - 01:43 PM

I'm probably going to stripe my car when I get one. The new Cayman special edition has matte black stripes on a gloss black car (at least that combo was present at the local dealer), and that looks nice. Something ... but very subtle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org