The RennTech.org site is Member supported! - All new donations will go towards our 2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Intermittent blower A/C fan problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mikkofin

Mikkofin

• Members
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted June 12, 2008 - 01:09 AM

I have a strange problem in my heater / AC on Cayenne S 2004... First in the morning when I head to work, the fan does not blow air at all. Not even if I put it on MAX manually or anywhere in between. After a couple of hours or so, standing in the parking lot, the fan starts working when I start the car again. When it starts working, it works the whole day thru. No problems. But the initial startup seems to be the problem. What can be the cause of this? The car works otherwise 100% but the heater fan issue is truly annoying! Any help / ideas would be highly appreciated!

Want to get rid of these ads? It's easy... just become a Contributing Member.  Donate here

#2 RFM

RFM

• Moderators
  • 3,436 posts
Excellent

Posted June 12, 2008 - 10:05 AM

Most often is a bad regulator, located in the fan housing area at the back of the glove box and easy to replace. If you got the chance swap him with an other one to check it out.

Life starts @ 7.000 RPM

#3 Mikkofin

Mikkofin

• Members
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted June 12, 2008 - 01:09 PM

Most often is a bad regulator, located in the fan housing area at the back of the glove box and easy to replace. If you got the chance swap him with an other one to check it out.

I need to check this out. Thanks for the tip!

#4 Mikkofin

Mikkofin

• Members
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted June 22, 2008 - 09:38 AM

I checked the part number from the unit. Could this be the correct part? Number is 7L0907521 Can anyone confirm?

#5 parajed

parajed

• Members
  • 31 posts
Neutral

Posted June 29, 2008 - 05:18 AM

Hey Bro,

Mine was doing the same thing. The other day I took the glove box off, and you are able to access the blower fan pretty easily (it is encased). You are able to take the motor right out of the casing. On mine I greased the bearing on the bottom of the motor (which was filled with dirt and grime also) and blew all the crap out with an air compressor. Has been working flawlessly now, I think it just got a little dry, and after a few minutes it would seize.

Hope that helps, it is a pretty easy DIY job if that is what it is.

Parajed

I checked the part number from the unit. Could this be the correct part? Number is 7L0907521

Can anyone confirm?

#6 fullbirdmusic

fullbirdmusic

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 50 posts
Neutral

Posted October 02, 2010 - 02:10 AM

Hey Bro,

Mine was doing the same thing. The other day I took the glove box off, and you are able to access the blower fan pretty easily (it is encased). You are able to take the motor right out of the casing. On mine I greased the bearing on the bottom of the motor (which was filled with dirt and grime also) and blew all the crap out with an air compressor. Has been working flawlessly now, I think it just got a little dry, and after a few minutes it would seize.

Hope that helps, it is a pretty easy DIY job if that is what it is.

Parajed

I checked the part number from the unit. Could this be the correct part? Number is 7L0907521

Can anyone confirm?

Does anyone have any pictures or a diagram of this procedure? Mine is making a horribly loud noise as if it's stuck but still trying to move. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't anymore. The vehicle sat in the parking lot the last week because I was on vacation and now it's hardly ever working. It used to only be intermittent. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Want to get rid of these ads? It's easy... just become a Contributing Member.  Donate here

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org