Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Navigation Software Update

hi,

I have a 2007 boxster with navagition and the software was from when the vehicle was manufactured in Nov. 2006. can I go right to the latest software update as of June 2008 or do I have to add the prior software updates that were between the 2006 and 2008.It seems from what I have heard from the dealership you have to update each new update from 2006. Is this true or not. hope there is some who has had this problem and can help me solve it. I would hate so see the cost of having to update 2 or three softwares at $300 a piece.

secuuda

Edited by Loren
Removed ALL CAPS (title) - please do not post in ALL CAPS

Generally you can go straight to the latest software. If you are ordering the latest Nav discs they come with the software update disks as well. Being honest I would guess whilst the maps are not the latest in a Nov. 2006 car the software is, when I ordered the 2008 Nav disks no software update was needed for my Feb 2007 car.

hi,

I have a 2007 boxster with navagition and the software was from when the vehicle was manufactured in Nov. 2006. can I go right to the latest software update as of June 2008 or do I have to add the prior software updates that were between the 2006 and 2008.It seems from what I have heard from the dealership you have to update each new update from 2006. Is this true or not. hope there is some who has had this problem and can help me solve it. I would hate so see the cost of having to update 2 or three softwares at $300 a piece.

secuuda

• 3 weeks later...

You need to see what version of software you currently have. You need to have Model Level B to use the MY08 maps. If you have Model Level A or B you can buy the MY08 update that Porsche is selling now and it will include everything you need. However if you have the standard version, which is version 04035 you will need another update cd to get you to Model Level A first. Being that your car is from late 06 I would practically guarantee that you have at least Model Level A, if not Level B.

There are plently of threads here on how to determine what version of PCM software you have.

Edited by PTEC

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a late 2006 manufactured car it will be level B software (version 3) or later. The PCM doesn't need updating and the navigation drive software is updated from a self executing file on the map DVD. Just put a newer map DVD in the navigation drive and accept the prompt to update the navigation system software (keep the engine running to prevent hiccups from power shut off) If your existing navigation DVD is an edition of 05.2006 or later , the software will already be updated to the current level in the navigation drive. Just a point to note : The PCM software and Navigation drive software are updated separately.

Edited by berty987