Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014-2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Wiring Information for Cayman S -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FrankinCayman

FrankinCayman

• Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted August 27, 2008 - 06:43 PM

Hi Guys, I am seeking wiring diagrams for the Cayman S. ( instrument panel area ) I am installing a Shift-I shift light and a Traqmate. So I need to hook into a Tacho wire or into a wire that has a pulse for RPM. Also I would need a ground and 12 V connection that shuts off when the car is off. So if anyone knows where I can find these wires, Please let me know. Regards David FrankinCayman

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,343 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 27, 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hi Guys,

I am seeking wiring diagrams for the Cayman S. ( instrument panel area ) I am installing a Shift-I shift light and a Traqmate. So I need to hook into a Tacho wire or into a wire that has a pulse for RPM. Also I would need a ground and 12 V connection that shuts off when the car is off.

So if anyone knows where I can find these wires, Please let me know.

Regards

David

FrankinCayman

:welcome:
It is now on the CAN network (987, 987c, 997 series) - so unless your shift light can operate on CAN you are out of luck.
This has been discussed here in more details - do a search if you want more info.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 FrankinCayman

FrankinCayman

• Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted August 27, 2008 - 08:24 PM

Hi, do you have any links to this, as CAN and CAN Network show nothing in RennTech.

Regards

David

Hi Guys,

I am seeking wiring diagrams for the Cayman S. ( instrument panel area ) I am installing a Shift-I shift light and a Traqmate. So I need to hook into a Tacho wire or into a wire that has a pulse for RPM. Also I would need a ground and 12 V connection that shuts off when the car is off.

So if anyone knows where I can find these wires, Please let me know.

Regards

David

FrankinCayman

:welcome:
It is now on the CAN network (987, 987c, 997 series) - so unless your shift light can operate on CAN you are out of luck.
This has been discussed here in more details - do a search if you want more info.

#4 berty987

berty987

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 628 posts
Neutral

Posted September 04, 2008 - 02:49 AM

My guess is that the radio will have a speed pulse to control the automatic audio adjustment. Certainly this is the case with other car manufacturers such as VW , where this pulse is called GALA. The PCM will also use this speed reference most of the time in conjunction with the internal gyros rather than the satellite reception. You could also try audiotechnik-dietz , they make can bus interfaces for most cars. CAN is a worldwide standard , so it shouldn't be too difficult to find an interface / decoder.

2004 987 S LHD Artic Silver, Full leather pack, Ocean Blue interior, Cruise, PCM2.1 , Telephone module, Bi Xenon Lights, 19" Carrera Techno Alloys, PASM , Sport Chrono Packet Plus , Electric Seats , Heated Seats , Climate upgrade , BOSE sound system, CDR22 6 disk changer, Multifunction Steering Wheel , Colured Wheel Centres , Space Saver Spare Wheel ,

#5 facelvega

facelvega

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted November 14, 2008 - 02:54 PM

RPM is available at DME, full information here....

#6 jeffurnes

jeffurnes

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted December 06, 2008 - 11:19 PM

I "followed" the link the the Cayman club, and printed out the DIY for this topic. I just performed the DME tac wire hook up on my Boxster S. DME was easy to get to, Green wire w/ blue tracer was easy to find. Do inspect the harness as there are several similar looking colored wires. Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org