Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Nokian WR all weather plus tires (19")

I know this sounds a little lame, but I cannot find a store where I can buy the 19" Nokian WR tires that are approved for a Carrera S (as set out in the TSB). I am looking for anywhere in the Pacific Northwest (Seattleish area). From the Nokian website, it looks like Tirefactory is the exclusive distributor in this area. But I have called 4 of their stores and not one has known what I'm talking about (which makes me think the tires are not in their computers). They can find the fronts in the "WR G2" model, but not the rears (because they don't come in 295 for the "WR all weather plus").

Anyone know something I don't? Where can I buy these from?

PS: They don't appear to be sold online either.

I know this sounds a little lame, but I cannot find a store where I can buy the 19" Nokian WR tires that are approved for a Carrera S (as set out in the TSB). I am looking for anywhere in the Pacific Northwest (Seattleish area). From the Nokian website, it looks like Tirefactory is the exclusive distributor in this area. But I have called 4 of their stores and not one has known what I'm talking about (which makes me think the tires are not in their computers). They can find the fronts in the "WR G2" model, but not the rears (because they don't come in 295 for the "WR all weather plus").

The Nokian tyres are actually very good winter tyres. Very good grip and quite stable even at high speed on dry tarmac. Much better than the recommended Michelin Alpin.

You should ask for these specs:

WR 295/30 R19 100V XL N0

WR 235/35 R19 87V N0

They are very easy to get in Europe.

The Nokian tyres are actually very good winter tyres. Very good grip and quite stable even at high speed on dry tarmac. Much better than the recommended Michelin Alpin.

WR 295/30 R19 100V XL N0

WR 235/35 R19 87V N0

Just spoke to Tirerack (the official Porsche North American tire supplier), even though the Nokians are not listed on their website. Apparently, there has been a significantly scaled back production run this year and all available stock is going straight to the dealers.

WR 295/30 R19 100V XL N0

WR 235/35 R19 87V N0

Just spoke to Tirerack (the official Porsche North American tire supplier), even though the Nokians are not listed on their website. Apparently, there has been a significantly scaled back production run this year and all available stock is going straight to the dealers.

I spoke to Nokian Tyres in La Vergne, TN, 1-800-565-2525. I was told they had stock (he checked the sizes) that could be ordered from any of their dealers.

Brochure at: http://www.nokianrenkaat.fi/files/nokianty...vikooste_EN.pdf

I spoke to Nokian Tyres in La Vergne, TN, 1-800-565-2525. I was told they had stock (he checked the sizes) that could be ordered from any of their dealers.

Good idea going straight to the horse phlevin (I even tried ordering them from Sunset Imports--which I love dealing with--but they didn't show them as being available).

I suppose because the Nokians are not a common brand in the US, their distribution channels are not as extensive as other tire manufacturers.

I ended up ordering them from tiresbyweb.com (Josh was great to deal with over there and the prices were very good). From my credit card statement, it looks as though tiresbyweb is really "TIRE FACTORY OUTLET IN - OWOSSO, MI". It's very strange, but 4 local Tirefactory stores weren't showing the "WR N0's" as being available, only the "WR G2's", which aren't Porsche specified and don't come in the necessary rear sizes. And, truth be told, ALL the local Tirefactory stores were less than helpful (no return phone calls, no offer to call the manufacturer/distributor, etc.). So I'm having them shipped to, and installed at, my (sort of local) Discount Tire store, which just installed a set of tires on my wife's SUV.

One upside to the Nokians vs. the Sottozero's that I had not appreciated--if you're in a climate like I am that can get some milder winters--is that even though they are winter rated, they are an all season tire and so should wear better in higher temperatures.

Anyway, bottom line is Josh from tiresbyweb is the guy to go to for the Nokians.

EDIT:

To clarify, I just confirmed that there is no relationship between Tirefactory.com and Tiresbyweb.com (also Tirefactory.net). Tiresbyweb.com (Tirefactory.net) is a retail store with five locations in Michigan, but with free--and fast (4 days to Seattle)--shipping.

Edited by c_potato

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea going straight to the horse phlevin (I even tried ordering them from Sunset Imports--which I love dealing with--but they didn't show them as being available).

I suppose because the Nokians are not a common brand in the US, their distribution channels are not as extensive as other tire manufacturers.

I ended up ordering them from tiresbyweb.com (Josh was great to deal with over there and the prices were very good). From my credit card statement, it looks as though tiresbyweb is really "TIRE FACTORY OUTLET IN - OWOSSO, MI". It's very strange, but 4 local Tirefactory stores weren't showing the "WR N0's" as being available, only the "WR G2's", which aren't Porsche specified and don't come in the necessary rear sizes. And, truth be told, ALL the local Tirefactory stores were less than helpful (no return phone calls, no offer to call the manufacturer/distributor, etc.). So I'm having them shipped to, and installed at, my (sort of local) Discount Tire store, which just installed a set of tires on my wife's SUV.

One upside to the Nokians vs. the Sottozero's that I had not appreciated--if you're in a climate like I am that can get some milder winters--is that even though they are winter rated, they are an all season tire and so should wear better in higher temperatures.

Anyway, bottom line is Josh from tiresbyweb is the guy to go to for the Nokians.

EDIT:

To clarify, I just confirmed that there is no relationship between Tirefactory.com and Tiresbyweb.com (also Tirefactory.net). Tiresbyweb.com (Tirefactory.net) is a retail store with five locations in Michigan, but with free--and fast (4 days to Seattle)--shipping.

EDIT:

Just a quick follow-up. I know it's early in the season, but I wanted to make sure I had winter tires. The Nokians are actually better than I thought they would be in dry weather. Road noise is less than the PS2s (at least worn down PS2s) and handling is really quite good. Not quite the "driving on rails" feeling of the PS2s in 65 degree dry weather, but way better than I imaged for a winter tire!

Anyway, just wanted to leave a parting "plug" for Nokian and Tiresbyweb.com (no affiliation with either).