Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014-2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Cayenne Heated Seats - Not working

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 izon13

izon13

• Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted December 11, 2008 - 05:45 AM

I have just bought a 53 plate Cayenne S, I cannot get the heated seat to work. I have checked the various fuses it could be. The switches light up with the lights on but no heat is coming out. Any ideas on what this could be?

#2 Dennis C

Dennis C

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 316 posts
Neutral

Posted December 12, 2008 - 10:42 AM

I have just bought a 53 plate Cayenne S, I cannot get the heated seat to work. I have checked the various fuses it could be. The switches light up with the lights on but no heat is coming out. Any ideas on what this could be?

What is a "53 plate Cayenne S"?

The seats take a little while to warm up, how long are you waiting? Also - I'm not sure they work if the outside temperature is not cold. Is it cold where you are now, or are you just testing them out in a warm area? I may be wrong on this issue... I know my old Saab was like this, but I'm not sure about the Cayenne.

Dennis

Present:

2008 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet

Past:
2004 Porsche Cayenne S
2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S

#3 izon13

izon13

• Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted December 14, 2008 - 04:19 AM

The seats take a little while to warm up, how long are you waiting? Also - I'm not sure they work if the outside temperature is not cold. Is it cold where you are now, or are you just testing them out in a warm area? I may be wrong on this issue... I know my old Saab was like this, but I'm not sure about the Cayenne.

It is about 5 below at worst, I can feel the steering wheel heating up but not he seats?

#4 1schoir

1schoir

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 2,754 posts
Outstanding

Posted December 14, 2008 - 10:29 AM

Are the seat heater switches on a Cayenne like the switches on a Boxster? That is, are they "3 position" switches where you press on the front of the switch for "Off", press once on the rear and a red light goes on for "High" and press again on the rear and a yellow light goes on for "Low"?

If so, could you please describe the exact symptoms, as your problem may be related to a faulty relay under the seat.

Regards, Maurice.

#5 Dennis C

Dennis C

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 316 posts
Neutral

Posted December 16, 2008 - 08:15 AM

Are the seat heater switches on a Cayenne like the switches on a Boxster? That is, are they "3 position" switches where you press on the front of the switch for "Off", press once on the rear and a red light goes on for "High" and press again on the rear and a yellow light goes on for "Low"?

If so, could you please describe the exact symptoms, as your problem may be related to a faulty relay under the seat.

Regards, Maurice.

No, it's a wheel with 5 positions, 5 being the hottest.

Dennis

Present:

2008 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet

Past:
2004 Porsche Cayenne S
2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S

#6 1schoir

1schoir

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 2,754 posts
Outstanding

Posted December 16, 2008 - 09:19 AM

No, it's a wheel with 5 positions, 5 being the hottest.

It might still be a relay. If only one of your seat heaters is malfunctioning, it might be worth swapping left and right switches and left and right relays for each other to narrow down the source of the problem.

Regards, Maurice.

#7 Richard Hamilton

Richard Hamilton

Porsche 'Anorak'

• Contributing Members
  • 1,506 posts
Excellent

Posted December 16, 2008 - 09:44 AM

It is a UK car, and the registration plates are date-related. 53 is late 2003/early 2004.
UK_Plates.jpg
- Zoom Active -

Edited by Richard Hamilton, December 16, 2008 - 09:50 AM.

Richard
Current: 2012 Cayman 2.9 PDK in Meteor Grey, 1989 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe in Guards Red
Previous: 2006 Cayman S, 2000 996 Turbo, 1998 996 C2, 1994 993 C2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org