The RennTech.org site is Member supported! - All new donations will go towards our 2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Steering Wheel and Air Bag Removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AVIA8R

AVIA8R

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 157 posts
Neutral

Posted March 11, 2009 - 12:53 PM

I've ordered a new thicker TechEquipment steering wheel and a new airbag since my buttons are scratched. Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to remove and re-install the steering wheel and airbag? I've found the instruction below, but was hoping for something more detailed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. matt Retract the steering column too the max. Turn the steering wheel 90° too the left Insert a flat screwdriver in too the hole on the back of the steering wheel till he hooked after a steel spring Push the screwdriver in the direction of the steering column, while pulling on the airbag module Turn the steering wheel 180° to the right and do the same handling in the other hole Remove the airbag module and the connectors Remove the center bolt in the steering wheel Remove the steering wheel

Want to get rid of these ads? It's easy... just become a Contributing Member.  Donate here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Want to get rid of these ads? It's easy... just become a Contributing Member.  Donate here

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org