Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

installing auxiliary audio input in Cayenne

I'm assuming your Cayenne has a PCM (Porsche Communication Management) system.

Aside from low quality FM modulators this is not a cheap upgrade. This is due to Porsche's use of the MOST (Media Oriented Systems Transport) system. This is a fiber optic data bus.

http://www.mostcooperation.com/technology/...tion/index.html

Only units I know that interface with the MOST bus are the NAV-TV and the Dension Gateway 500. These units replace the trunk mounted CD changer. I had a NAV-TV unit installed with an iPod adapter in my 05 Cayenne for around $750. I'm happy with the audio quality but the interface is a bit clunky and it is occasionally flaky recognizing my iPod. You lose the ability to to shuffle songs but you can select playlists. Optionally, you can keep it in manual mode and use the iPod's interface. For your Blackberry and other devices an aux jack can be installed for another $100.

http://www.navtv.com/products_usa_ipod.php

According to other posts on this board the Dension Gateway 500 is a bit more stable and usable. It also has an option for playing iPod video using your PCM/Nav screen. Here is a demo:

I heard Dice Electronics has a system but I'm not sure it has been released for the Porsche.

http://www.diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration_most.htm

Aside from low quality FM modulators this is not a cheap upgrade. This is due to Porsche's use of the MOST (Media Oriented Systems Transport) system. This is a fiber optic data bus.

http://www.mostcooperation.com/technology/...tion/index.html

Only units I know that interface with the MOST bus are the NAV-TV and the Dension Gateway 500. These units replace the trunk mounted CD changer. I had a NAV-TV unit installed with an iPod adapter in my 05 Cayenne for around $750. I'm happy with the audio quality but the interface is a bit clunky and it is occasionally flaky recognizing my iPod. You lose the ability to to shuffle songs but you can select playlists. Optionally, you can keep it in manual mode and use the iPod's interface. For your Blackberry and other devices an aux jack can be installed for another $100.

http://www.navtv.com/products_usa_ipod.php

According to other posts on this board the Dension Gateway 500 is a bit more stable and usable. It also has an option for playing iPod video using your PCM/Nav screen. Here is a demo:

I heard Dice Electronics has a system but I'm not sure it has been released for the Porsche.

http://www.diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration_most.htm

Mobridge have a combined ipod/bluetooth unit that seems to be quite popular. Not seen it in action though so this is not an endorsement.

My Cayenne does not have that system. It has the regular audio system without navigation or lcd screen. I apologize for having not mentioned that in my previous post.

Any options for me?

I have Mobridge with Bluetooth, this is an endorsement. Very cool and DIY capable if your handy

My Cayenne does not have that system. It has the regular audio system without navigation or lcd screen. I apologize for having not mentioned that in my previous post.

Any options for me?

I have Mobridge with Bluetooth, this is an endorsement. Very cool and DIY capable if your handy

How does the phone work. Just like it was the SIM inside my PCM? Also how do you pair the phones does it somehow add in menu options to do this?

On the ipod front I read something about it being able to get lots of song titles on the screen. how does it do this when its just pretending to be a CD changer.

Any options for me?

Dice requires PCM/NAV system as does NeoCar. Not sure about NAV-TV.

Dension should work with the CDR-23,24 head units but it won't display text.

http://www.dension.com/compatibilityDataba...he&huMaker=

According to mp3carpros, the mobridge works with CDr-23,24 head units and does display text.

http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_info.php...CFQienAodKXk_4Q

On mine (04) with no phone buttons I use the phone controls.

You pair it using a regular PCM custom menu

On the Ipod you get 99 songs per screen

the software fakes out the PCM, each CD is a different function instead of a different cd

great sound, very solid

How does the phone work. Just like it was the SIM inside my PCM? Also how do you pair the phones does it somehow add in menu options to do this?

On the ipod front I read something about it being able to get lots of song titles on the screen. how does it do this when its just pretending to be a CD changer.

Thanks for the help, everyone. On a whim I purchased an Jabra SP700 car speakerphone with FM transmitter for $60. I paired it with my Blackberry Curve 8330 and it works great. I also discovered that the music from my phone also plays through the Jabra speaker via bluetooth. Then I tried the FM transmitter and it works great and the sound quality is very impressive! I just downloaded the Pandora application for my Blackberry and I'm able to stream music non-stop over my Cayenne's stereo. $60 went a VERY long way!

Tip: Plug it into your rear cigarette lighter with the charging cable when you're using the FM transmitter and it will cut out all static. It's basically using the charging cable as an extension of the antenna. I took the clip off the Jabra SP700 and leave it on top of my closed cup holder, tucked all the wiring away and it works and looks great!

ugh

Thanks for the help, everyone. On a whim I purchased an Jabra SP700 car speakerphone with FM transmitter for $60. I paired it with my Blackberry Curve 8330 and it works great. I also discovered that the music from my phone also plays through the Jabra speaker via bluetooth. Then I tried the FM transmitter and it works great and the sound quality is very impressive! I just downloaded the Pandora application for my Blackberry and I'm able to stream music non-stop over my Cayenne's stereo. $60 went a VERY long way!

Tip: Plug it into your rear cigarette lighter with the charging cable when you're using the FM transmitter and it will cut out all static. It's basically using the charging cable as an extension of the antenna. I took the clip off the Jabra SP700 and leave it on top of my closed cup holder, tucked all the wiring away and it works and looks great!

the software fakes out the PCM, each CD is a different function instead of a different cd

great sound, very solid

Thanks. So I'm guessing that having a phone module installed isn't a prerequisite and this bypasses it? I ask since my phone module is broken and rather than replace it may as well get this.

Is there a switch in there to re-attach the CD changer. I think I read about this, but other docs on the mobridge site suggest it requires getting to the device and putting in a fibre optic loop back?

Thanks for any help,

Dan

Correct no phone module required

There is a lot of BS about whether the CDC can remain in circuit. The system does not expect to see 2 CDC's although it was in the original design. So if it sees 2 there can be conflicts. However with a Mobridge you dont need one as the iPod can supply limitless amounts of great sounding content. I removed mine and sold it on Ebay. I suggest you do the same as getting in there to loop it out is a pig of a job and you will not want to do it twice.

great sound, very solid

Thanks. So I'm guessing that having a phone module installed isn't a prerequisite and this bypasses it? I ask since my phone module is broken and rather than replace it may as well get this.

Is there a switch in there to re-attach the CD changer. I think I read about this, but other docs on the mobridge site suggest it requires getting to the device and putting in a fibre optic loop back?

Thanks for any help,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Mudman2,

Is this the same unit you have?

http://www.incartronics.com/Porsche.html

If so, I'm seriously considering it since they've provided the most information of any website, including a Youtube video on the installation.

There is a lot of BS about whether the CDC can remain in circuit. The system does not expect to see 2 CDC's although it was in the original design. So if it sees 2 there can be conflicts. However with a Mobridge you dont need one as the iPod can supply limitless amounts of great sounding content. I removed mine and sold it on Ebay. I suggest you do the same as getting in there to loop it out is a pig of a job and you will not want to do it twice.

great sound, very solid

Thanks for any help,

Dan

Looks exactly like mine with a different logo

Mudman2,

Is this the same unit you have?

http://www.incartronics.com/Porsche.html

If so, I'm seriously considering it since they've provided the most information of any website, including a Youtube video on the installation.

great sound, very solid

Thanks for any help,

Dan

great sound, very solid

I have an 04 with Nav but no phone buttons and was wanting to add the ipod/bluetooth combo but when I spoke to mobridge they said it would not work. What did you need to make this happen on yours?

thanks

josh

They know mine works, just that you have use the phone controls

Talk to Scott, tell him I said so ahahah

I use mine every day for many calls

great sound, very solid

I have an 04 with Nav but no phone buttons and was wanting to add the ipod/bluetooth combo but when I spoke to mobridge they said it would not work. What did you need to make this happen on yours?

thanks

josh