Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help cayenne turbo instrument cluster

well, if you own a non us-spec cayenne and if your cluster is from a us-spec cayenne, it will not work.. DME's of the european and us cayenne's are different. I bought a turbo cluster from ebay but it appeared to be from a us spec cayenne, so when we tried to install, we got the same faults as you do. It won't work, don't waste your time, sell it and try to get a proper one.. (i know it is hell diffucult)..

Or if you own a us spec car and got the european cluster, it won't work either as the same reasons above, but i might be interested if you want to sell it. . :)

btw, where did you get it from ?

Edited by tuki

i just talked with a mechanic from a p-service, I asked about the same that you wrote, he told that even you have the same gateway version, if the specs are different, it won't work.. what a bs.. :(

well, if you own a non us-spec cayenne and if your cluster is from a us-spec cayenne, it will not work.. DME's of the european and us cayenne's are different. I bought a turbo cluster from ebay but it appeared to be from a us spec cayenne, so when we tried to install, we got the same faults as you do. It won't work, don't waste your time, sell it and try to get a proper one.. (i know it is hell diffucult)..

Or if you own a us spec car and got the european cluster, it won't work either as the same reasons above, but i might be interested if you want to sell it. . :)

btw, where did you get it from ?

hi and thanks, i was thinking about that before buy the cayenne turbo cluster, my cayenne S is european and my cluster is in KM/H and the turbo a buy is in MPH.

the cluster i get is from a cayenne turbo 2004 they was crashed in US today i delivered to NY BRONX to a friend to sell it, if you are interested you can send me a message for contacs. thanks

Loren,

could you help us in this case. I couldn't get a clear answer from my service mechanics.

I have a MY04 Cayenne S, European Spec..

And daurys cluster is from a MY04 CTT, US Spec.. I guess both have the gateway buildin..

will it work in my cayenne ?

(the service says that eventhough the gateway versions is the same, it won't work because of the different regional DME's.. I'm confused.. :()

Hello Loren;

I am having a similar problem also.

I have tried to install a 2005Turbo Cluster to my 2008 Cayenne S but it totally did not work?

Both cars are from same region and country!!!!

Any idea please?

Thanks a lot.

Mohamed Saeed

• Admin
Hello Loren;

I am having a similar problem also.

I have tried to install a 2005Turbo Cluster to my 2008 Cayenne S but it totally did not work?

Both cars are from same region and country!!!!

Any idea please?

Thanks a lot.

Mohamed Saeed

Did you follow the instructions here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an 06 cayenne S (US) does anyone know where I can buy a used turbo cluster for it? I hate the mono Amber one I have.

Ebay occasionally has a turbo cluster. It is possible to retrofit if your immobilizer is not part of the cluster (like 04's and not certain on 06). May require a reprogram with durametric and odometer is locked so that adds a little glitch when resale as may need to list as miles Unknown.