Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

did anyone smoked the interior part if the front lights?

I was thinking to do that to my Cayenne. did anyone allready did it? if yes post some pictures.

there are two way to do it as far as I've seen, or lets say two styles one using flat black paint and the other using a black coloured clear coat. I'm speaking about painting some interior parts of the lights.

what do you think?

any suggestions will be welcomed.

Ilie

Can this be done...aren't the cayenne headlights sealed or are they two pieces??

http://www.knclub.ru/f/thread1928-7.html

Do you have a translation? Did they have to break them apart or are they 2 piece?

no breaking from what i can see, they heat it up with industrial "blowdrier" and take epoxi (or whatever that compound is) out. the front "glass" is then separated. (i can also see reports of people putting it into microwave. i wouldnt try it with 2007+ headlights as there is a lot of metal there)

Cayenne headlights (i have 2009 T and maybe it is different on pre 2007) have sealing around front part but they are not hermetically sealed overall (there is a drain hole at the bottom)

p.s. for translation try World Wide Lexicon Toolbar

Edited by SA321

• 1 month later...

that is such a pain in the *** to get split them.

this is not my first time when I've opened a front light, but there is a BIG difference between them.

I've used the heat gun and the owen. normally, you need to use just the owen, for like 15min at 300 -350 F, and the silicone starts to melt, and than you can take out the glass. But on these cars, the front lights are glued by some epoxy ****, that doesnt wants to go out so that you can take away the glass.

As I said, on other car lights, when the heat gun is directed towards the glued area, the glue starts melt and makes small bubbles, but thats not the case of the Cayenne lights. I've cutted a small piece of that epoxy and heat it, almost started to burn, but it had almost the same structure.

I could have went further, BUT as I have seen others work on different lights, it wouldn't turned out the way I wanted. All of the peoples that have posted pictures of their work, that used a heat gun and then removed the glue instead of using owen and split them bassically by hands, turned out well only when mounted, otherwise it didnt looked well.

so, if you have spare lights like I did or dont mind about the hack job and not looking good part go ahead, others stay away.

Ilie.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So! did you end up doing it? I am thinking of painting the interio of the lights as well. What would you advise? Do you have pics of the finished product?

no.

Though, it can be done but you will not end-up with a nice finished product, as I wanted to achieve.

what I have done. I went with the face lift option. Now, if you go this route you can order the OEM lights with black interior; it a Tequipment option now for the 2007-2010 Cayenne's.

Good luck.

So! did you end up doing it? I am thinking of painting the interio of the lights as well. What would you advise? Do you have pics of the finished product?

no.

Though, it can be done but you will not end-up with a nice finished product, as I wanted to achieve.

what I have done. I went with the face lift option. Now, if you go this route you can order the OEM lights with black interior; it a Tequipment option now for the 2007-2010 Cayenne's.

Good luck.

Do you have the Tequipment part number you can share with us?

• 3 weeks later...

it seems that these are the right codes, but be prepared-

these are expensive!

955 631 175 30 - Headlamp L - Xenon, Black.

955 631 176 30 - Headlamp R - Xenon, Black.

Edited by stealthTT

it seems that these are the right codes, but be prepared-

these are expensive!

955 631 175 30 - Headlamp L - Xenon, Black.

955 631 176 30 - Headlamp R - Xenon, Black.

wil this work for the 2009 cayenne gts with out bi xenon headlights