The RennTech.org site is Member supported! - All new donations will go towards our 2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Air Oil Separator Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Porsche_Monkey_4life

Porsche_Monkey_4life

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 31 posts
Neutral

Posted November 07, 2009 - 02:26 PM

My AOS (air oil separator) is extremely dirty once again after only a few months after replacing it. Also my rough idle is back. This had been resolved when i replased the AOS originally, indicating that it the AOS once again. The car is a 99 Boxster with a 3.4 996 conversion engine. I believe the AOS was from a boxster and replace with a boxster AOS. Are these parts interchangeable ? Could that be my problem? What else could cause the AOS to get extremely dirty? Thank you for your help. 99 Boxster 5 spd 3.4 996 conversion

Want to get rid of these ads? It's easy... just become a Contributing Member.  Donate here

#2 Dharn55

Dharn55

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 847 posts
Excellent

Posted November 07, 2009 - 03:20 PM

Pet shows different AOS' for the 996 and 986, I think there is a difference in clearances, etc. Function is the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Want to get rid of these ads? It's easy... just become a Contributing Member.  Donate here

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org