Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Shifter boot trim

On the 996 the knob, plastic trim that shows the gear pattern and the leather are all one piece. I think it runs about $200. The knob just slides over the flat shifter and then the skirt has plastic clips that hold it onto the console.

Does anyone know where to get the plastic trim piece for the leather boot trim on shifter? Or a Porsche part number?

2001 911 C2 Cab short shift kit, leather boot held on at console by what appears to be a plastic trim piece. To release the trim I simply pry it up, its only held on by 4 clips. Boot and trim are separate from the knob and shifter post.

-****-

Do you mean this plastic piece that's inside the boot?

post-30731-1257990479_thumb.jpg

It says part number 996.552.655.01

Unfortunately, I think you have to order the entire shift knob and leather boot to get it. Mine was 996.424.075.02 but that's for a 99 C2 in grey leather.

If that black plastic piece with the clips is what you need, and it's not available by itself, I can sell you the one pictured. I just swapped my shifter because there was a big hole worn in the leather on the shift knob.

post-38471-1258137830.jpg

Porsche 6-Speed Shift Knob and Boot With Ring

Add the "S" style to your Porsche interior! This is the 6-speed shift knob for a Carrera 996 or Boxster S. The shift boot has a silver base and comes in black leather with dark grey stiching. The knob features a gold Porsche crest and has a glossy silver/black leather handle. All interior color matches, select below.

P-9x642498115Regular price: $489.00Sale price: $399.95

I found this at Import Auto Parts and Accessories if anyone is interested. I will try for a simpler (read this as less expensive ;) ) solution for now.

Auto Parts and Accessories link