Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CS left rear door won't lock

2004 CS left rear door won't lock. Even when in car, if I lock the car (both from inside and remote), that specific door will remain unlocked. I also noticed when I press lock, that particular door will not "click" like other doors. When unlocking, that specific door will "click" TWICE apart from other doors that only click once, which seems like the lock mechanism is stuck in lock position. Does anyone know which part(s) may be involved with this issue?

I am pretty positive that it's something mechanical since everything else works fine including the alarm (if I happen to open that door when I lock the car via remote).

Thank you all.

Frank C.

The is a manual override that is explained in the owners manual. Looking at the inside of the door locate the latch area of the door. There is a round rubber grommet with a lock symbol on it. Remove that grommet which will access an emergency lock override. It is red with a slot in it. if you insert your key or a screwdriver and move that back and forth to verify if that works and locks the door. I had this happen to my drivers door but that manual override switch was broken, the spring that gives tension to the lock broke on mine. I now have to replace my lock mechanism. I did also (occasionally) have the drivers rear door lock and then not lock but the mechanism was fine. It was just another intermittent Cayenne electrical issue.

Thanks for your reply. Mine happens occasionally. However, I don't know how long its been since I just found out about it this past Friday evening. I happened to just not bother and leave the car locked (with the driver's rear door unlocked) overnight and the next morning it will just be fine. Then it happened again in the afternoon (and for the rest of the day). The next morning it's okay again. So far, its been okay for the past 2 days. Since the intermittent electrical issue is also something that has happened, that might also be it. But I also have this thought that something in there might need a little lubrication. I will check out the manual for the manual override.

Thanks again.

• 7 years later...

I know this thread is old, but I recently bought a Cayenne Turbo and am experiencing this issue with the driver side rear door. I can manually move the manual override but as soon as I unlock the doors it fails to lock again. Is there something wrong with the locking mechanism or does it need lubricated? If its mechanical, what is the part I would look for to replace? Thanks

I had this happen intermittently. Door would lock sometimes, sometimes it wouldnt. Then, on the other rear door, the handle would not work to release the lock. Replaced both lock actuators and have been fine since. Takes a couple hours on the first door, second door was much easier once you get the hang of it. Remove door card, disconnect cable from exterior door handle, remove all the screws on the door skin, remove the big triple square bolts from the left and right side of doors, and then the inner door frame/skin slides out from the body panel. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-Cayenne-Turbo-Porsche-955-L-REAR-DOOR-Lock-Latch-ACTUATOR-7L0839015C-160-149-/272438447102?hash=item3f6e98cbfe:g:8TgAAOSwXeJYHSNi&vxp=mtr