Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I'm really confused.

Loren sent me a sheet which listed all type of oils that used in the Cayenne '04. In there, it lists ATF as the oil for the Transfer Case (sounds a bit strange).

I called 2 Porche dealers in my area to purchase the "Transfer Case" oil; one dealer said to use any synthetic 75/90; the other dealer said to use any synthetic 75/80. This is from the Porsche dealer!

I then called another dealer in Houston TX (for no reason), they said to use ATF & faxed the sheet similar to the one Loren sent me.

I called another dealer in Las Vegas, the parts guy said that they only sell the oil in bulk of $450 container & don't know what type it is!

WHAT IS THE CORRECT TRANSFER CASE OIL?

Thanks,

Manmn

• 2 years later...

Hello all,

Many sites referred transfer case oil is the same as ATF oil. But in the spec sheet Loren posted indicated different part number for the Transfer case & ATF (ex: Transfer case: 000 043 205 09 or (LT71141) --- on the ATF bottle I bought: 000 043 205 30).

When I opened the ATF bottle, the color is brownish (normal oil color), not RED not BLUE. I already drained the fluid from the transfer case! Please advise!

Thank you,

ManN

Yes, transfer case oil. LT71141 is an Esso spec oil. Any good quality Synthetic ATF will probably be as good or better than the OEM stuff. Mine was definitely thin as an ATF and definitely not a 75/90 gear oil. I used Redline D4 ATF which exceeds Esso spec LT71141.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2393008

Edited by hahnmgh63

Yea, they call for a Esso/Mobil 3309 for the Transmission funny enough. Thing is their are many high quality Synthetics that can meet both specifications but I don't think their is a conventional ATF that can meet both, wonder if the factory fluid is Synthetic or Conventional. I would imagine all of the new stuff is Synthetic but back in the day? I used Redline D4 ATF for both which meets both specifications.

Edited by hahnmgh63

The Aisin transmission factory spec is a mineral oil.

Dealer did a transmission oil change recently after changing my trans valve block under warranty.

I was advised against using synthetics as they are "not approved", voiding my warranty.

I wasn't going to argue.

So for everyone that has been discussing Porsche Cayenne ATF....AKA JW3309/LT41171.

Porsche PN 000 043 205 28

There has always been debate on Toyota Type IV being the same as the Cayenne ATF. So i sent in VIRGIN SAMPLES to blackstone to get the analysis on additives.

The results are shown below:

..........................................Cayenne ATF....................Toyota Type IV

Boron.......................................73.........................................84

Calcium...................................128.......................................105

Phosphorous...........................292.......................................271

Zinc...........................................6..........................................11

SUS Viscosity @ 210F.............48.3......................................50.1

cSt Viscosity @ 100C..............6.74......................................7.26

FlashPoint in F........................410.......................................370

Translation.....Both fluids are chemically the same as far as blackstone can see with their equipment. I attached the Porsche ATF slip for reference. VOAs cost $$, but well worth it if it saves cash down the road. I have some diff fluids coming as well for a VOA as well. The flash point requirement is >335C, which both exceed.

So save yourself some $$ and buy the ATF from Toyota. 6 bucks at the yota dealer....as apposed to 60+ as the porsche dealer?

post-68660-0-37138100-1341963369_thumb.j

Edited by clarksongli

I'm attaching a pic of the fluid I put in my transfer case. The part number does not match any number that I've read. Mine is 000 043 205 30 (the last 2 digits don't seem to match!)

Can anyone confirm that this is THE RIGHT oil for the transfer case. I haven't driven the car since I put this new liquid in.

Thanks

post-55939-0-28049400-1342129022_thumb.j

• Admin

I'm attaching a pic of the fluid I put in my transfer case. The part number does not match any number that I've read. Mine is 000 043 205 30 (the last 2 digits don't seem to match!)

Can anyone confirm that this is THE RIGHT oil for the transfer case. I haven't driven the car since I put this new liquid in.

Thanks

That is gear oil that is used in the front and rear differentials -- not for the transfer case.

The transfer case (gear box) gets 000-043-301-36 ATF (latest part number).

Click to enlarge image

post-1-0-91919000-1342132227_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

I purchased the OEM differential oils for the front and rear end and through ecs tuning I was directed to OEM part#00004330136 ATF for the transfer case TF 0870. This is a different fluid and spec than the 00004320509 listed above. Is this a revised spc for the transfer case or was I provided with the wrong fluid?

Edited by Francin728

That is it. The latest part number for transfer case fluid is 000 043 301 36.

The transfer case in all AT 955 and 957's S, GTS, Turbo and Turbo S (both 4.5 and 4.8) is #95534104055.

If you search porsche's parts catalog you will find that the ATF fluid is listed at pos.27 as part# 000 043 300 36. That part, however has changed to 000 043 301 36.

Same for the two plugs, listed at pos. 20 as part# 955 301 115 00, have since changed to 955 301 115 01.

post-73937-0-10518900-1426195054_thumb.j

post-73937-0-71027500-1426195054_thumb.j

post-73937-0-00290200-1426195056_thumb.j