Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Service Light

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mitt27

Mitt27

• Members
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted July 21, 2010 - 02:48 AM

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew how to reset the service light on a porsche boxster 987 without visiting the dealers? Thanks

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 27,681 posts
Outstanding

Posted July 21, 2010 - 06:03 AM

You will need the Durametric software, a PST2, or PIWIS tester to reset the service light. Sorry no other way. Perhaps a member near you can help out - if give your location (City)?

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 Mitt27

Mitt27

• Members
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted July 21, 2010 - 06:09 AM

yeah thought as much, wasnt sure if another OBDII reader cud reset the service light?? I live in Newcastle in the UK if anybody lives nearby who could reset it for me.

#4 cakasa

cakasa

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 38 posts
Neutral

Posted November 19, 2010 - 06:09 PM

You will need the Durametric software, a PST2, or PIWIS tester to reset the service light. Sorry no other way.
Perhaps a member near you can help out - if give your location (City)?

Where can you purchase the Durametric software? Is it a high ticket item? Had a 06 Carrera serviced at a non dealer shop. And I want to reset the light.

#5 1schoir

1schoir

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 2,744 posts
Outstanding

Posted November 19, 2010 - 06:34 PM

You will need the Durametric software, a PST2, or PIWIS tester to reset the service light. Sorry no other way.
Perhaps a member near you can help out - if give your location (City)?

Where can you purchase the Durametric software? Is it a high ticket item? Had a 06 Carrera serviced at a non dealer shop. And I want to reset the light.

Here you go: http://www.durametric.com/buyus.aspx

Regards, Maurice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org