Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Torque Specs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hosickjg

hosickjg

• Members
  • 16 posts
Neutral

Posted July 24, 2010 - 05:48 PM

So I'm rebuilding my 986 2.5L Boxster engine and have requested torque specs for internal engine parts in a couple of forums with no response. I bought a Bentley Manual yesterday and was disappointed to find that there was NO information in Torque specs for Head Bolts, Main Bearing Bolts, Connecting Rod Bolts or anything I needed. Can anyone tell me ANYWHERE (other then Porsche that won't tell me) I can find this info? Is there a shop manual available to the public that I don't know about?

#2 txhokie4life

txhokie4life

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 593 posts
Neutral

Posted July 24, 2010 - 07:54 PM

If you become a contributing member -- in the member section there are manual downloads that will give you all these torque numbers you request. mike

#3 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,101 posts
Outstanding

Posted July 24, 2010 - 08:17 PM

If you become a contributing member -- in the member section there are manual downloads that will give you all these torque numbers you request.

mike

We do not have service manuals for download here as they are copyrighted materials.
Many do have access to them - so I suggest you ask for the specific torques you need (as they are spread through the related sections of the manuals (all 17 volumes).

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#4 hosickjg

hosickjg

• Members
  • 16 posts
Neutral

Posted July 24, 2010 - 08:49 PM

If you become a contributing member -- in the member section there are manual downloads that will give you all these torque numbers you request.

mike

We do not have service manuals for download here as they are copyrighted materials.
Many do have access to them - so I suggest you ask for the specific torques you need (as they are spread through the related sections of the manuals (all 17 volumes).

Got a hold of a manual, all is well now.

#5 pk2

pk2

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 686 posts
Good

Posted July 25, 2010 - 07:24 AM

The torques specs take up a disarmingly tiny portion of the manual don' they? PK

#6 EZ911

EZ911

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted August 05, 2010 - 01:11 AM

Hi Guys. I am looking for the torque specs for a 2.7 engine. I need the following. Big end bolt Main bearing saddle Cylinder head bolt latest updated 997 intermediate shaft bearing support bolt Thanks for helping. Andy T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org