Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

10 x 18's ET 58 on the rear?

Hi all

After spending hours with various offset calculators I'm almost there, but would really like someone's advice, who's done it:

I've just bought a set of Carrera III alloys:

Fronts: 8J x 18 ET 57

Rears: 10J x18 ET58

My current Turbo twists are:

Fronts: 7.5J x 18 ET50

Rears: 9J x 18 ET52

The car is a 2001 Boxster 986 3.2S

What I'm trying to work out is the size of Spacer required at the back - I currently have a 22mm and whilst it easily clears the strut, the tyre does stick out of the arch slightly.

The research I've done suggests a 15mm or an 18 mm spacer will be perfect, but not having the luxury to try before I buy I don't want to make a mistake and I'm finding mixed results re. rubbing - whilst the 18 will definitely work, will the 15 tuck in slightly without rubbing on the strut? I'm getting confused!

I've had advice that even 11mm spacers will work...and I'm now contemplating a fender roll!!

Cheers

I think I may be able to help as I know a thing or two about wheel offset :)

Previous car

If you run a 15mm spacer the outer edge of the wheel is going to be in the same place as your wheels are currently, but the inner edge is going to be 26mm closer to the strut than your current setup (including your 22mm spacer). Make sure that it'll clear the strut. Obviously an 11mm spacer will bring it another 4mm closer to the strut.

The fronts will be 13mm closer to the strut, so just make sure they clear.

My rears are 10 x 18 with an et 47. The inside is a bit close to the strut, but does not rub. I did need to tie back the e-brake cables, however. My car is lowered about 1.5" ('02 S), so I did not want the outer rubbing on the fender lip. As posted previously, 11mm would put you where mine are and 15mm would move you out ever so slightly.