Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Porsche System Tester 2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Flagman

Flagman

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted August 11, 2003 - 03:20 PM

Hi Loren, I have a couple PST2 questions: Where would be a good place to purchase a Porsche System Tester II (PST2)? And, what part number do I reference? I understand this is very spendy (approx. $7500.00) diagnostic tool. How often does Porsche upgrade the PST2 software? Are updates available and what is the cost? Best Regards, John

Edited by Loren, August 11, 2003 - 04:08 PM.

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,036 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 11, 2003 - 04:08 PM

To my knowledge you can buy one from any dealer (willing to order it for you). Independent garages ususally get a small discount but it is still pretty close to $8000. The software is upgradable with a yearly subscription (for a CD) for about $2500/year. You will need a laptop to transfer the updated software to the PST2. Be aware that there are still specific functions on the PST2 that you will not be able to use without authorization from PCNA (one time codes). My understanding is that some of these have to do with legal reasons (i.e. VIN or mileage changes, door lock codes etc.) and some have to do with warranty.

p.s. Where are you located? I'd love to get my hands on one of these for a few days... ;)
Posted Image

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 Flagman

Flagman

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted August 11, 2003 - 06:12 PM

Hi Loren, Thank you for the response. The company I own sells Fluke Test Equipment (Authorized Distributor). And, we use to sell alot of ScopeMeters, DMMs and accessories to the training center when it was located in Reno Nevada. We still sell to the American Honda, Mazda, and Mercedes Benz training centers. I'll have to give them a call and find out the scoop on the PST2. By the way, I live in the Sacramento area. Regards, John

#4 Tool Pants

Tool Pants

Boxsternaut

• Moderators
  • 5,029 posts
Excellent

Posted August 11, 2003 - 08:10 PM

Small world. My German client Hans Hoermann owned 45% of Raytek, based in Santa Cruz. He sold the company last year to Fluke, a subsidiary of Danaher. When I need parts from Germany he sends them to me But the PST2 is made by Bosch with Porsche software. There is a look alike Bosch KTS computer but it does not work on our cars. Do not know of any place outside of Porsche to buy a PST2, but if you find one let us know. Jeff

#5 Flagman

Flagman

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted August 11, 2003 - 09:10 PM

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the response. You're right! Danaher bought Fluke several years ago. Then they bought Pomona Electronics. Then Wavetek. Then Raytek. And several other small T&M companies. It's interesting how the business world works. I'll check with a couple of my old contacts at the Porsche Training Center and see what I can find out. I'll let you know. By the way, if you need any Fluke T&M equipment, drop me an email. Regards, John

#6 craig(nj)

craig(nj)

• Members
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted August 12, 2003 - 10:09 AM

Here is the order # for the PST-2 Tester: 000 721 958 80, Tool #9588 The replacement battery # PNA 721 045 :beer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org