Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Durametric and Macbook

cluck

No need for Parallels software, Windoze XP partition works well with dual boot, just like Orient Express mentioned.

Works for me too, no issues.

You need a FULL version of whatever Windoze version (XP, Vista, 7) you fancy to install on your Mac.

Edited by luxter

Parallels is a great windoze solution for Mac. I've tried the dual boot/bootcamp approach and it isn't nearly as flexible (choosing a fixed partition size with which you are stuck doesn't work for me). I haven't tried the Durametric solution yet, but all other USB-windoze products I've used work fine with Parallels (I'm running version 5)

So, actually trying to hijack this thread:

How about Softronic reflash using Mac?

Softronis site says it clearly in here:

http://www.softronictuning.com/installation/

"Windows XP, Vista, or 7 is required. The program will not work with a MAC. Do Not use a MAC even if you have it setup to work with Windows. Do not use a Netbook. You must have a minimum of 3GB of ram. You cannot use a Aircard. Please make sure to disable ANY antivirus software and screensavers for the reading out and flashing process."

Can anyone confirm that either Bootcamp or Parallels would not work?

This could be quite a costly mistake I suppose to just try and fail....

Durametric arrived. So I got Parallels 6 and a full version of Windoze 7. Pretty much doubled the cost of my diagnostics just so can use my mac, runs great and communicates with my '04 CTT. However, there are half a dozen controllers it doesnt seem to be able to communicate with. I can reset fault codes, and reset my maintenance reminder, It just doesnt connect to controllers like "transmission", "Air Conditioning". I'm just going to have to see what flags come up over the next few months.

downloaded Durametric 6 right from their website again. Connected to my cayenne and still had six modules not found. Transmission, Gateway, Compass, Transfer Case, Transverse Lock, and Off Road Stabilizer. Now I probably dont have the Off Road Stabilizer, but I'm sure I have the rest. After previously clearing all faults, seven modules have come back with faults. Two that seem to have to do with the "CAN comfort". Mostly things I can live with for now but the fault in the Level Control will have to be investigated. Would it be worth while to download ver. 5 and try that? I have also seen something about upgrading the firmware on the cable. Necessary?