Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Did I buy a Boxster that has had a turbo installed?

Whenever I shift gears i get that cool blow off valve sound that you get from a turbo. Does everyones Boxster do this and I'm just mistaking the sound? It almost sounds kinda like a hydraulic pump or something.

Whenever I shift gears i get that cool blow off valve sound that you get from a turbo. Does everyones Boxster do this and I'm just mistaking the sound? It almost sounds kinda like a hydraulic pump or something.

No factory Turbo installed. Do you have aftermarket exhaust?

Yes I know there's no factory turbo I figured aftermarket and the dealer didn't know about it.

Yes I do have aftermarket exhaust btw.

sounds like an exhaust leak propably at the head. If that is the case you don't want to let that go too long it can damage the head.

Wait so its a bad thing? I have seen a couple videos on youtube of Boxsters making the same sound and it is only when I shift at a really high rpm like 6k and up.

if you know for a fact that you dont have a after market turbo, then yes there is a crack in your head. If your not sure get your car on a lift and see if there is anything attached to your exhaust pipes heading to your muffler. There should be a conk shell looking device wrapped around your pipe between your muffler and cadilliac converter. This will be on the right side were your air intake is near. Plus check the front of the engine where all the pulleys are at and check to see if you a chargeer, i know its far fetch but hey anything possible especially if they make a body kit of a carrera GT for a Pontiac Fiero

I really don't think thats it and I might just be mistaking the sound. Like I said its only at really high rpm shifts. I would have other symptoms if thats the case and none of them fit with my car. The sound isn't quite as pronounced as the turbo sound but its definitely noticeable.

Edited by blues3531