Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014-2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Fuel Pump life expectancy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 echerbst

echerbst

• Members
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted April 08, 2011 - 05:51 PM

What are you guys seeing for fuel pump failures on your turbo cayennes. I have 100k on mine and taking a 2500 mile road trip next month and was gonna throw a new set of fuel pumps in the pig because I didnt want to have a failure on the road becasue that is my luck, or I could just bring them and change on the side of the road if need be, they are so easy to do. Thanks guys.

#2 wvicary

wvicary

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 2,905 posts
Excellent

Posted April 09, 2011 - 08:43 AM

They are expected to have a very long life but why would you replace something that isn't broken yet? Fuel pumps are not a common failure item in my experience on these vehicles.

#3 cayenne69

cayenne69

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 43 posts
Neutral

Posted April 12, 2011 - 03:04 AM

I replaced the primary fuel pump at 113k. But I suggest to clean the fuel filter located on the top of the tank driver side under the back seat. I need to clean it 7-8 time in fresh gas to see the color of it... There where full of dirt and I suspect this reduced the life of the pump. You just need to buy the round seal to fix it back less than 10$.

#4 deilenberger

deilenberger

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 407 posts
Good

Posted April 12, 2011 - 05:48 AM

If the fuel filter inside - or outside the fuel tank? I was under the impression it was inside, but I'm an impressionable person, so it's entirely possible I had the wrong impression..

Don Eilenberger
Spring Lake, NJ
'06 Cayenne/S - Titanium
And a buncha BMWs..

#5 bigbuzuki

bigbuzuki

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 375 posts
Good

Posted April 13, 2011 - 08:13 AM

If the fuel filter inside - or outside the fuel tank? I was under the impression it was inside, but I'm an impressionable person, so it's entirely possible I had the wrong impression..

Some good pictures on page 2.

http://forums.rennli...iy-project.html
2003 Cayenne Turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org