Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Shifter will not up or down shift in M

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Would like to refresh this thread.

i have a first genaration Cayenne S which stay for almost 2 years now without driving. I try to reactivate the car now. New battery and the car started. Some codes came up which i could clear. 

The problem i still have is the gear selector. When the position is P the display still is showing "put selector to park position" 

the key doesnt come out easy . I have to wiggle a bit.

i disconnected the gear selector to check what is going on there. I couldnt find any broken parts. Magnets are still in place.

so what it can be?

what is found out, when i am taking away the circuit board and putting the selector in P it works.  Dont show message on the display any the key is coming out with a click how it must be.

what could be the problem?

IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3778.JPG

IMG_3779.JPG

IMG_3780.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

I just went through this after a penny fell into my shifter assembly. I found this and replaced the "sunshade" (the black rubber part with the magnets) and it works fine again now. http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Porsche-Cayenne/11-BODY-Shift_Gate_Trim_Replacement/11-BODY-Shift_Gate_Trim_Replacement.htm#Customer_Comments_Bookmark It is part #95555226500 for the 955's. Not sure if it changed for later models or not. Mine didn't seem to be broken, but it sure didn't work properly. I think it may only take a little bit for the magnets to get out of line with the circuit board and that is how it senses what position it "should be" in.

Also make sure you get the circuit board snapped back into the plastic liner above it securely. Otherwise it's going to droop down and get hung up on the magnets.

It is a joy in finding the problem and fixing it! 

The corroded wires are at front passenger side (Right hand side) under the carpet. Basically you will need to remove the front passenger seat completely and foot well then can flip over the carpet. You will see a bunch of wires passing through it to the front. Easy to find the corroded wires ( 2 spots) that only hand taped the terminals..the corrosion are there. Hope it helps!

Edited by paulwu

Thank you guys for your advice. Very welcome. About the black rubber part with the magnets i was thinking to because it was mentionend in a Pelican DIY. But it looked ok so i move on with my search. I will get a new one.

About wires under the front seat i didnt even think. Are we talking about the wires which passing the footwell inside this black plastic duct? Thank you

I did the change of the complete shifting assembly but ended up not it; thus I have an assembly for sell if anyone interested in it!

There is no need for any adaptation but just drop and play. My case it was the corrosion of the wires I fixed the last then fixed all the issue including the key not release and the manual shifting issue.  

Check my post...it is in front passenger side (right hand side); flip over the carpet you will see the wires under it! Yes the wires are in the plastic duct.

Edited by paulwu

Please help. Dont want to destroy my shifter knob again by doing something wrong. I read a lot of post on different places. Still not shure if to proceed this job with shifter in "D" or in "N".

posts are confusing. What is the save way to do it?

thank you

Edited by ekstroemtj

• 3 weeks later...
On October 3, 2016 at 6:10 PM, paulwu said:

It is a joy in finding the problem and fixing it! 

The corroded wires are at front passenger side (Right hand side) under the carpet. Basically you will need to remove the front passenger seat completely and foot well then can flip over the carpet. You will see a bunch of wires passing through it to the front. Easy to find the corroded wires ( 2 spots) that only hand taped the terminals..the corrosion are there. Hope it helps!

Hi paul could you be more spacific regarding wires location in the harness? I had taken this all apart and unwrapped the harness to the point where it is secured to the firewall via zip tie and did not find and wires that where "hand taped" do i need to look further up on the harness closer to the firewall? Thank you

Edited by Frederick Vatter

9 hours ago, Frederick Vatter said:

Hi paul could you be more spacific regarding wires location in the harness? I had taken this all apart and unwrapped the harness to the point where it is secured to the firewall via zip tie and did not find and wires that where "hand taped" do i need to look further up on the harness closer to the firewall? Thank you

Please post some pictures to see your harness; they are not close to firewall but around under the passenger side below the carpet.