Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2001 C4 Cab - Uk spec.

I am just trying to get things straight in my mind before attempting this, and have a couple of questions:

1) If the clutch switch is in place and connected, I assume there is nothing more to do with it. Correct?

2) Are the pin connectors the same on the cruise stalk connector as on the motronic plug? (999 652 901 22).

As far as I can see, there are just 5 wires to connect:

Cruise connector Pin #1 to Motronic Connector #IV pin 27

Cruise connector Pin #2 to Fuse B7

Cruise connector Pin #3 to Motronic Connector #IV pin 25

Cruise connector Pin #4 to Motronic Connector #IV pin 19

Instrument Cluster Plug 1 (blue) pin 16 to Motronic Connector #IV pin 18

And activate it with the PST2, of course.

Is it really that simple? :(

1) You don´t do anything, The clutch control switch is there. (should be :jump: )

2) The connector you buy is only the connector alone, you will need to sample the connector with the wires you also buy :eek: and then run those wires to the Motronic unit.

At the Motronic unit there are several connectors, You take connector IV and mount the ekstra wires in that connector.

Then the PST2 activation and :drive:

If you don´t have OBD display allready it is the perfect time to do this hack also.

I have done both at the same time on my car.

Good luck :clapping:

post-1237-1109717262_thumb.jpg

Thanks PV.

My last question (I hope!):

post-4000-1109766394.jpeg

I know the #009 connector pins go into the instrument cluster plug, and the #010 leads go into the cruise connector, but do I need #009 or #010 leads on the Motronic plug? I know that the pin on the end of the #010 lead is part number 999 652 901 22, but what is the part number of the pin on the #090 lead?

Hopefully our OBC guru (Tool Pants) has the answer :king:

• Moderators

I have never done a cruise control retrofit.

The pins on a #009 wire are 999 652 901 22. I have never been able to determine the part number for the pins on a #010, but would like to know if someone has it.

On a 1998-2001 996 the pins on a #010 wire go into the cluster plug, like we do for an OBC retrofit. The pins on a #009 wire go into the male connector that plugs into the female OBC connector. I think the #009 pins also fit the male connector for the cruise control stalk, but check because the last time I looked at the male connector was a year ago at the parts department. I do not know if you need the pins for a #010 to do a cruise control retrofit.

I have never played around with the Motronic plug so I do not know what pins fit in it.

Hey Richard.

I can´t really remember if it is the 009 or 010 wire connector that goes into the motronic plug. The difference between the 2 are very small and the only way to find out will be to try. Probably both will fit, but 1 of them will slide easy into the plug. ( I think I payed 6 USD. for 10 )

Both the 009 and 010 are female connectors. When you buy them they are fitted with a piece of wire between, cut the wires in half and insert a wire in the correct length.

Edited by P.Viby