Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need quick help with a connector on airbox, pass side.

Today I swapped out the entire vacuum line assemly which had cracked as well as the engine torque arm. I couldn't get the electrical connection disconnected from the rear of the airbox. See below in green. The last thing I wanted to have happen was it snap off because I yanked on it.

null_zps646e4418.jpg

Any helpful hints? The padded vacuum line needs to slip under that connection there that is green... You pretty much it shoehorn the thing in without disassembling it in order to get it into place.

Edited by ALEV8

No good advice as mine broke trying to remove it. It isn't an electrical connector but and air intake hose that goes to the air compressor for the air suspension. I found a good used airbox on Ebay after mine snapped. The plastic gets fairly brittle after a few years.

It is a devil of a place top put a connector. I busted mine when I was changing the air filters. I epoxied over the hole the connector left in the airbox and drilled/tapped a hole for a brass barbed connector and replaced the end of the plastic pipe with rubber vacuum tubing. I did the same with the one on the back of the inlet manifold when I changed the coolant pipes. Those plastic connectors go on easily enough, but they are a bugger to remove after a few thousand miles of engine heat cycles.

Incidentally, I changed all of the T connectors I could find with brass equivalents including the one under the inlake by the fan, the vacuum T behind the manifold on the bulkhead and the infamous coolant T pipes. Brass wont break but the car is a little heavier....

Steve

put your nail between the edge of the green cap and the black connector and separate. Once the green cap is moved back, you will see a inner collar that grips onto the airbox tube. Using a flat bladed screwdriver, or small fingers, push the spung inner collar away from the airbox, into the connector. when you have pushed the inner collar in, pull on the hose and the connector will separate from the airbox tube. to put in on, just push the connector onto the tube coming off the airbox, then push the green cover over the sprung inner collar. The inner collar grips the airbox tube.

GRACIAS AMIGOS!

Many thanks GGV8 over in UK. Of course I have some long awaited success with this CTT and my 08 4.8 x5 starts a-leakin'......sheeeeeeit! Back to the garage for leaky timing cover gaskets, vacuum pump, tranny pan/gasket plus juice and mechtronix seal. My mechanic will do it all for a grand and BMW will for 6$k. Nice guys those dealers.....oh well at least I like fixing cars.

Edited by ALEV8

• 1 year later...

put your nail between the edge of the green cap and the black connector and separate.   Once the green cap is moved back, you will see a inner collar that grips onto the airbox tube.    Using a flat bladed screwdriver, or small fingers, push the spung inner collar away from the airbox, into the connector.  when you have pushed the inner collar in, pull on the hose and the connector will separate from the airbox tube.   to put in on, just push the connector onto the tube coming off the airbox, then push the green cover over the sprung inner collar.    The inner collar grips the airbox tube.

Thanks a ton! Got the green cap myself but couldn't figure out the connector to save my life. Glad I didn't break it like some others here.