Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cabin Air Filter

Cabin Air Filter

Finally got around to this and took some pics for future reference. The procedure is a bit different for the 92A than the 9PA, at least the 2013 model year. I suspect it is the same for the 2011 and 2012 model years as well. First, their is only one screw to remove, using a T2 Torex wrench. It in the front, middle of the panel. You need a panel pry tool or strong fingers to release the front catches that are still holding it in place. Slip the tool between the panel and the glove box at one end

• 6 months later...

Actually here is the actual Porsche factory procedures. Unfortunately the diagrams and drawings didn't copy but they are in the attachment. If you are interested in the entire Porsche 2PA WSM send me an email or PM.

Preliminary work

Preliminary work

Remove cover under dashboard at the passenger's side. → 702219 Removing and installing cover under dashboard - section on "Removing"

Particle filter: removing filter element

Particle filter: removing filter element

Installation position of particle filter

1. Unclip footwell outlet vent on passenger’s side -1- from the bracket -2- and pull it off the air guide -3- .

https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInfosystem/VFModuleManager?Type=Navigation&Pri...

2/11/2013

Particle filter: removing and installing filter element

Information

If the locking mechanism -2- breaks off during removal, the cover -1- can be screwed on -4- and does not need to be replaced. Use the correct fastening screw for this.

2. Remove cover -1- for particle filter.

Page 2 of 4

Removing footwell outlet vent

Removing cover for particle filter

2.1. Removing cover for the first time: Unclip locking mechanism -2- and pull the cover -1- out of the bracket

-3- .

2.2. For repeated removal: Unscrew fastening screw -4- and remove cover -1- from the bracket -3- .

3. Remove particle filter.

Particle filter: installing filter element

https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInfosystem/VFModuleManager?Type=Navigation&Pri...

2/11/2013

Page 3 of 4

Particle filter: installing filter element

Information

If the locking mechanism -2- breaks off during removal, the cover -1- can be screwed on -4- and does not need to be replaced. Use the correct fastening screw for this.

1. Fit particle filter.

2. Install cover -1- for particle filter.

Installing cover for particle filter

2.1. Fit cover -1- into the bracket -3- .

2.2. Screw in fastening screw -4- .

3. Attach footwell outlet vent -1- to the air guide -3- and clip it into the bracket -2- .

Installing footwell outlet vent

2/11/2013

Page 4 of 4

Subsequent work

Subsequent work

Install cover under dashboard at the passenger's side. → 702219 Removing and installing cover under dashboard section on "Installing"

WM 851819 R&I prt fltr.pdf

• 1 year later...

Great DIY; thought I would add my recent experience doing the 4 year on a 7,300 mile 2011 Cayenne S.  The Mahle Filter comes with an accurate instruction sheet if you forget to print this out (like I did, LOL).  Also, as wwilliams88 pointed out, pulling the latch is problematic.  I found that you'll have exactly what you need to pull the latch on the filter cover if you happen to be changing the oil along with the Cabin Air Filter Change.  The old rubber seal from the oil filter cap works PERFECTLY to unlatch the filter cover.  You can twist it giving the loop a bend that makes it easier to hook the latch.  Took me about 30 seconds to get the latch and the rubber is plenty strong to pull the cover down and off.  Hope this helps!

• 3 months later...

I wanted to add my adventures for replacing it in my 2012 Cayenne S. I bought what Amazon says is the correct part number made by Bosch, and it looked right in the pictures, but seems to be a version that fits other variations and years. It is too narrow by a good bit as you see in the pictures and wants to fall out before putting the bottom on. So I put it all together and ordered from my local OReilly's what they show as fitting (wix 24631) and it was the same, and so on for Napa too (at least their line which is made by Wix 224631 come to find out). So my third attempt is oem Mann and it fits perfect. Lesson learned. post-102423-143803626242_thumb.jpgpost-102423-14380362725_thumb.jpg

Edited by 958S
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Just picked up a 2013 Cayenne Diesel.

The DIY for Cabin Air Filter replacement is spot on for this vehicle--it went much easier than expected thanks to the DIY post by williams88.

I recommend disconnecting the 12V outlet and the courtesy light so you can put the panel aside and get your cranium further under the dashboard for a better view.

I was able to get away with leaving the duct halfway attached (release only the catch on the right side and pivot the duct out of the way). Also used a small standard screwdriver to release the U-shaped catch and would recommend that or a pick with a curved end.

The post by 958S about filter media is applicable to this vehicle. The WIX 24631 ($22 on Amazon) has same dimensions as Mann CUK 2847 ($28 on Amazon) EXCEPT slightly thinner--it does want to drop out while replacing the filter cover, but looks big enough to seal around all sides.

I left it in rather than go through the hassle of returning, but will probably buy the Mann next time.

Overall, great advice on this forum makes for an easy 15 minute job.