Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Central Locking System Problem

I know this is a common problem however I'm hoping someone might shed some light. I haven't been able to find a forum with my exact symptoms:I've been driving the car all spring (1999 Boxster Base model) with no issues. The car is parked in the garage all the time and the floor under the drivers seat is always dry. As a side note the batteries in the keyless entry keys were dead when I bought the car and I've never replaced them and always use the valet key.The other morning I went out to start the car and when I unlocked the drivers door (manually with the valet key) the lights didn't come on in the interior and the sound of the locking system unlocking didn't happen (usually when you unlock the drivers door the passenger door unlocks, the odometer lights up and the truck/hood unlocks. None of these things happened and the red light on the radio continued flashing. I got in the car and turned the key in the ignition. When I turned it to "ON" the instrument cluster lit up but when I turned it to start nothing happened. The engine didn't turn over.I don't believe this is an ignition problem. I believe the Central Locking System is in "LOCK" mode which in turn is immobilizing the car. Is there a way to reset the Central Locking System? I have tryed using all my keys (2 regular and 1 valet) with the same results. I also changed the batterys in the other keys and attempted to link them (turning the keys in door while holding the unlock button) the CLS still won't deactivate. I believe because the system is locked its not allowing me to link my old keys.I understand there are fuses in the area of the CLS. I haven't taken the seat out yet.... where is it? I also am wondering if the switch in the drivers door that recognizes that you've unlocked the car may not be working and thats the source of my problem.Any suggestions from anyone that has had the same issue?

There is one external fuse for the immobilizer. It's a 15 amp fuse, and it's located on the rear of the unit.

You can unbolt the seat and just lean it back, supported by a block of wood under one front corner to access the unit. It's easily removable by just turning the one phillips screw 90 degrees.

If you want to take the seat out, you have to be careful not to set off the airbag light, which can't be reset without a Durametric, PST2 or PIWIS. You can take out the driver's seat without disconnecting it from the connector if you set the seat on a small platform next to the door sill (the wires are long enough).

Regards, Maurice.

• Upvote 1