Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hinge broken on the rear Cigarette lighter cover

Allright, the issue typical issue with the broken rear cigarette lighter cover has struck me as well.

Any advice how to replace the broken hinge, or the complete set has to be bought for big $$$ ?

80-photo_1_e8354bd1df94b72756f00e1acffee

80-photo_2_a209a96ad7335573f8ce7f9c22fd2

80-photo_3_18692c81581aa2d74b2a0acbebb1c

• Admin

It's a 2008 year Cayenne Turbo

Model and year of your car please?

Perhaps an auto salvage yard for replacement parts?

Looks like it is US $51.40 but that includes both side as it is all one piece.

If that is the Aluminum package with Steel Grey then the part number is: 955 552 160 01 7BA

• Admin

Mine is also broken.  I have a 2006 V6 Cayenne with dark brown wood grain.  Thanks

If you want a part number please send me your VIN via PM - there are so many options it is the only way to get the right number the first time.

955 552 165 00 4X2 Rootwood connector housing -- US MSRP $421.96

Apparently the wood housings are much more expensive.   :eek:

Thanks, yes it is the aluminium package.

Would you perhaps have the part picture? The cover is replaced together with both hinges attached to it then?

It's a 2008 year Cayenne Turbo

Model and year of your car please?

Perhaps an auto salvage yard for replacement parts?

Looks like it is US $51.40 but that includes both side as it is all one piece.

If that is the Aluminum package with Steel Grey then the part number is: 955 552 160 01 7BA

Yes, the cover and the whole unit are a slide in piece. I think there were two screws in the front. You have to pull it out and undo the two cigarette lighter plugs and re-install them in the new piece. I also have the aluminum trim but if yours is like mine the piece we are talking about is all Black with no aluminum trim on it though?

My center cover plate (olive wood) is broken at hinges as well. IIRC there was a thread somewhere, Rennlist maybe, that mentioned purchasing the less expensive black one and reinstalling existing wood face plate onto new plate. Anyone tried this yet? I will investigate the ease of dismantling the plate when I return home from work next week and update.

Mine is broken as well on my 2005 Titanium Metallic / Black interior - silver trim cayenne S. May check LA Dismantler for the part. I have a more pressing issue with the Passenger seat back needing to be reglued  :cursing:

Edited by ocmacman

Mine is broken as well on my 2005 Titanium Metallic / Black interior - silver trim cayenne S. May check LA Dismantler for the part. I have a more pressing issue with the Passenger seat back needing to be reglued  :cursing:

Had to re-glue mine, too.  Used Gorilla Glue and a brace to press it tight as the glue set.  Just find something that will fit very snugly from the passenger rear seat to the back of the passenger front seat, without damaging the passenger seat, of course!  Worked fine and is holding well now after 6 months.

• 4 months later...

Allrighty folks, thought I write a small follow up on this topic.

In the end I ordered the part 955 552 160 01 7BA

My truck has the Aluminum package with Steel Grey interior trim.

Here is the issue, the replacement part is with a different colour. Old part on the back and new part in the front, the second problem is that the new part has two holes for the power outlets opposed to the old one with one.

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

As I allready had the part and couldn't return it anymore I went ahead and took the power outlet off my old cover and placed it in the new one.

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

In the end I just replaced my Steel grey interior cover with the new one, by pushing out the two rods which hold the hinges. Pretty easy to do IMO, just be careful not to loose the "springs" which are in the hinges.

Now I need to find the second outlet to fill the empty hole..

Anyhow, be sure to mention that you have 1 or 2 outlets, as I do not remember if I mentionet that whilst ordering the part and go the one with two holes.

• 3 months later...
  • Admin

Me too. 2006 Cayenne Turbo Rear cigarette lighter cover, wood grain, broken off,

WP1AC29P36LA90886

According to the VIN that car came with the Aluminum package not one of the wood packages.

So it would appear the wood was added later - and you would need to tell me what wood (Rootwood, Olive Ash, etc.) it is to be able help you.

Me too. 2006 Cayenne Turbo Rear cigarette lighter cover, wood grain, broken off,

WP1AC29P36LA90886

According to the VIN that car came with the Aluminum package not one of the wood packages.

So it would appear the wood was added later - and you would need to tell me what wood (Rootwood, Olive Ash, etc.) it is to be able help you.

Thank you. I just purchased the vehicle this past weekend and am now out of town. I will have access to the truck again on Sunday to answer the wood question and take pictures.

• 3 months later...