Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Low Friction Point - Clutch Pedal Grabs Immediately with Tough Shiftin

2007 Carrera 4S with 32k miles.

Normally, the clutch grabs ("grabs=friction point") at about halfway from the floor.  Just the other day, for the first time, the clutch grabbed only about 2 inches from the floor and it's very difficult to shift into 1st and reverse from a stop.  It's been doing this ever since.  I have searched the forums for a similar issue and it sounds like the clutch.  However, I can't seem to find anyone who's clutch grabs so low.......the clutch engages almost immediately when you start to release your foot off the clutch pedal.

Anybody else have this issue?  Air in the line?  Slave cylinder?

• Moderators

Normally, the clutch grabs ("grabs=friction point") at about halfway from the floor.  Just the other day, for the first time, the clutch grabbed only about 2 inches from the floor and it's very difficult to shift into 1st and reverse from a stop.  It's been doing this ever since.  I have searched the forums for a similar issue and it sounds like the clutch.  However, I can't seem to find anyone who's clutch grabs so low.......the clutch engages almost immediately when you start to release your foot off the clutch pedal.

Because of your low mileage, I would first bleed and evaluate the slave cylinder.

Because of your low mileage, I would first bleed and evaluate the slave cylinder.

How?

Thread, topic, video you recommend?  Thx.

• Moderators

How?

There is an extensive thread on the subject: http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/7064-brakeclutch-fluid-change-and-bleeding-instructions/page-1?hl=+bleeding +clutch +slave  Normally, most people bleed the clutch slave as part of the brake hydraulic system flush, which should be done at least every two years, sooner if the car is tracked.  Both the clutch and brakes share a common hydraulic reservoir in these cars, so it is a great time to flush and bleed both systems if yours has not been done in a while, or if you do not know when it was done last.  Not flushing these systems regularly can allow air to build up in the system as moisture collects in the fluid.  IF that moisture is not removed, it can actually boil, leading to spongy brake and clutch pedals.  The moisture is also absolute corrosive Hell on some very expensive component's in the systems.

How?

There is an extensive thread on the subject: http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/7064-brakeclutch-fluid-change-and-bleeding-instructions/page-1?hl=+bleeding +clutch +slave  Normally, most people bleed the clutch slave as part of the brake hydraulic system flush, which should be done at least every two years, sooner if the car is tracked.  Both the clutch and brakes share a common hydraulic reservoir in these cars, so it is a great time to flush and bleed both systems if yours has not been done in a while, or if you do not know when it was done last.  Not flushing these systems regularly can allow air to build up in the system as moisture collects in the fluid.  IF that moisture is not removed, it can actually boil, leading to spongy brake and clutch pedals.  The moisture is also absolute corrosive Hell on some very expensive component's in the systems.

Thank You!!!  Will do asap......