Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

blew radiator hose just as i'm leaving on a trip........SHYTE

Well, when it pours it's raining.........got me a puddle o coolant under the car just as I pull in to send wife and child on a roadtrip. My X5 4.8i is at my mechanic's for oil valve seals. DANG. Now what? Probably just have it towed over to him rather than crawl under and start investigating.....no need. At least hoses are cheap, depending on which one went, if there's a common one that goes. Alu pipe conversion was done at 76k mi. i'll be perusing the coolant system diagram if anyone needs me. Borrowed an A6 Avant for them to enjoy. The back seat sure fit that baby seat better than my CTT!

I feel your pain friend. I did my Coolant pipes back in '09~'10 ('06 CTTS) as a preventative when they came out with the Aluminum pipes but this was before we all started hearing about the plastic 'T's.  Well, I knew I would need to do them sometime and just last week one of them started to leak so my manifold is off and I've ordered the parts. I've found that most of the plastic vacuum & vent lines have become hard as rock and one of them already cracked so I'll probably replace them while I'm in there. Mine dripping down off the sides of the transmission. As another preventative, I drained the coolant right when I got home and poured some warm slightly soapy (mild dish detergent) water down the back of engine over the transmission. Heard the stories of the Coolant over time eating the T.C. seals so figured I'd wash off any coolant back there. Didn't want to take a chance. One Coolant Tee completely broken, only some pressure from the hoses pushing it together.

Well I did the vacuum lines already.

I emailed my guy at Sonnen to let them know.

Something has to come from Germany......anyone have a detailed DIY?

Also should I change the hose running from the coolant reservoir/overflow? It appears there are three hoses that could be replaced and if I'm back there why not? My role is always been if one goes, the others can't be far behind.

Edited by ALEV8

Definitely sounds like the T's. I swear, all of these parts go at about the same time. The T's are pretty straight forward to replace, just a compete PITA because there's so little room back there. Manifold off squeeze in behind and scrape hands and elbows and replace.

Also, your coolant reservoir is the next to go on "the list." they crack and leak after time.