Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Looking to Purchase 2004 Cayenne Turbo, Questions about Options

Hello,

I am new to the forum and had a few questions about a 2004 Cayenne Turbo that I am looking at.  Unfortunately it is halfway accross the country so I cannot view it in person.

I am aware of the mechanical issues that can pop up, where I need some help is with the options, things I couldn't solve with the photos I was provided.

On this model, will this vehicle likely have:

1.  Tire Pressure Monitoring System (was this an option or standard on 2004 Turbos?)

2.  Sunroof/Moonroof (the one question I forgot to ask).  I thought they were standard on USA Turbos, am I right?

3.  How many power outlets are in the SUV and where are they located?  (I know there should be 1 in the front, I think 1 in the 2nd row and 2 in the trunk?) Am I missing some?

4.  Is the battery located in the engine bay?

5.  I see on the drivers side door there is a trunk release next to the fuel door release. Does that "lift" the trunk or just "unlock" it.  

6.  I don't think I have ever seen a 2004 with a "auto liftgate" close button, am I correct?

My last question is more of a technical question.

7.  I am interested in removing the stereo and installing an aftermarket stereo (Pioneer Appradio 4 for more modern options (bluetooth, review camera, etc.) does the stereo just bascially do navigation and music or will any other information systems be lost?   I know Turbos have the screen on the tach area but wasn't sure if the two worked with each other or seperate.

thank you

Edited by enoteche

Hello,

I am new to the forum and had a few questions about a 2004 Cayenne Turbo that I am looking at.  Unfortunately it is halfway accross the country so I cannot view it in person.

I am aware of the mechanical issues that can pop up, where I need some help is with the options, things I couldn't solve with the photos I was provided.

On this model, will this vehicle likely have:

1.  Tire Pressure Monitoring System (was this an option or standard on 2004 Turbos?)

Option

2.  Sunroof/Moonroof (the one question I forgot to ask).  I thought they were standard on USA Turbos, am I right?

As far as I know

3.  How many power outlets are in the SUV and where are they located?  (I know there should be 1 in the front, I think 1 in the 2nd row and 2 in the trunk?) Am I missing some?

1 in ash tray, 2 under the glove box, 1 in back seat, 2 in the trunk)

4.  Is the battery located in the engine bay?

battery is under the driver seat.  Option for a second battery in the trunk where the spare tire is

5.  I see on the drivers side door there is a trunk release next to the fuel door release. Does that "lift" the trunk or just "unlock" it.  

Just unlocks it

6.  I don't think I have ever seen a 2004 with a "auto liftgate" close button, am I correct?

Not available on the 955 Cayennes (2003-2006)

My last question is more of a technical question.

7.  I am interested in removing the stereo and installing an aftermarket stereo (Pioneer Appradio 4 for more modern options (bluetooth, review camera, etc.) does the stereo just bascially do navigation and music or will any other information systems be lost?   I know Turbos have the screen on the tach area but wasn't sure if the two worked with each other or seperate.

Unless you find a stereo that specifically plugs into the Cayennes MOST fiber optic network, you will lose the info on the dash (song, station, etc), lose the radio buttons on steering wheel, and the temp and a few other things won't integrate into the stereo.  After market may also not play well with the Bose amp.  Dension is a popular after market option, and even it has troubles getting all the integration that the OEM unit had.  That's all i really know about it.  Might want to do a search to see what others have done.  Most people just get a bluetooth thing that plugs into the stereo, and use their phones for nav (streaming over the BT).  Choice is yours.

thank you

Responded in-line

- wrinkledpants,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my questions.  I know the stereo is going to be tricky, and an aftermarket amp is needed in some applications.  I will post whatever I end up doing as it may help out others.