Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

102 outside and my turbo gets mad

Hi Community

Its unusual hot in germany. 102 outside.

After driving a lot today the car starting to make trouble . Looks like some kind of missfire when i am going downhill. Coming to Stops the car died several times. Its was starting again but very hard. Must be something with fuel?!

I noticed today that i isnt making "wooooosh" when i am opening the gas cap.

Could it be related?

Didnt have the Chance to check the Codes until now.

• Admin
P0011 Adjustment of Inlet Camshaft in relation to Crankshaft, Bank 1 – Signal Implausible

P0139 Oxygen Sensor Aging After TWC, Bank 1 - Above Limit

P0159 Oxygen Sensor Aging After TWC, Bank 2 - Above Limit

P0234 Boost Pressure Control Limit Exceeded - Above Limit

P0441 Fuel tank ventilation system above limit value/below limit value

P2243 Oxygen Sensor Ahead of Catalytic Converter, Bank 1 – Nernst Voltage Line – Open Circuit

P2247 Oxygen Sensor Ahead of Catalytic Converter, Bank 2 – Nernst Voltage Line – Open Circuit

I would clear all of these - re-start the car, drive a few blocks -- then re-read any fault codes.

Sometimes codes are symptoms or a problem, and sometimes codes are the problem.  If you get a misfire, that's a symptom of something not being right.  Could be bad coils, plugs, an injector, etc.  If you have an open/short to ground code on a camshaft, that's saying the camshaft sensor is bad.

Sounds like the camshaft sensor is bad, and you have sometime of evap leak in the fuel system.  My guess is the camshaft is what's causing the engine problems.  I'd focus on that first.  

• 1 month later...

Mine drives fine tested at 115 degrees in Tucson, AZ.  My pig had similar issues recently and it was just the fuel pump.  I had all kinds of codes from the car idling so erratically.  Nearly all the codes you had and then some.  Pull fuel pump fuse no.14 and see if she runs better at low RPM's on the secondary pump only.  That's an easy test.  Good Luck.