Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 2002 -996 -911, that is in great shape, has only 26K on it , garage kept, but the interior cabin paint ( "Seal grey interior" ) around the dash, A/C vents, the hand brake, and console area, is peeling and flaking off. It's getting to look really bad now, and reveals black below the grey. Is there some type of touch up paint available for this ? 

Although I love my 911, I have noticed Porsche appears to use some type of cheap inferior quality plastic , on the sun visors, and other areas of the dash board. Any ideas on this and the peeling / flaking paint ?  Thanks Dave

Hi I completely stripped mine & painted with a rattle can... Even though it cost me less than £50, looks so much better than the tatty interior I had previously....1b86e25e011be311059bcb98b965c44e.jpg

This was only a first attempt, I did the seat backs as well, will need doing again, but, I now have a base to build from

Thanks fellas , but could you be a bit more specific, ref doing this job. Is there a special type of paint, and procedure to use, and I really don't want to do everything , just touch up the original, IF I can find the matching paint ? Mine is called "seal grey" I believe. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks Dave

Hi, if it's the rubber feel paint - you may struggle to find a match, also prepping just a small area to make the paint "stick" maybe a challenge,

If it is "normal" gloss type paint, it's a doddle, I bought a colour match rattle can from eBay - bit pricey at £25 - but a great match (seal grey) painting plastics is not difficult, as I said, mine was done using cattle cans only, use a plastic primer & then filler primer, then top coat, then lacquer - allow it to cure fully before fully polishing - hope this answers your question...

Edited by Daver6

Thanks Dave, it all sounds a bit complicated, even frustrating ?

Perhaps I'll just wait for it all to peel off, as it's all black under the "seal grey" that would be easier, LOL. I wonder what the Porsche dealers do, with used ones, as this is an ongoing issue ?  Two Porsche owners I know have the same problem, to bad they don't have it available in a small touch up paint bottle ? A great, expensive car like this, with such a crappy interior finish, terrible. I've never seen this on any other cars, and I've had many, it flakes off if you just look at it    :cursing: