Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wet inside door on 03 Cayenne Turbo

Hello everyone,

I live in Norway and had my car for about 6 months. Sand White with TI styling (I think, not sure), imported from USA and the last two owners didn't use the car very much so it's only driven 98.000km/60.000miles [emoji4]

Tried to search about this issue, but no luck, so time for my first post;

Both my back doors have this problem, the inside of the doors, underside where the white light is located.. Soaking wet from time to time [emoji35]

24415b8416909ad1da302477d6e64404.jpg

You can see some of the water on the floor after dragging my hand across the fabric.

Anyone have any idea where the water can come from? Can it be the seal at the bottom of the window that is bad..?

Hope some of you experts can help me out so I can take my car out and enjoy it in the snow [emoji4]

So the window seal is not meant to be water tight.  This means that a small amount of water will leak into the door and then should drip out the drains at the bottom of the door.  I recommend doing two things.  Clean out the drains, use a small piece of plastic (like a zip tie) to poke into the drain holes and clear the obstruction.  Don't use anything made of metal because you don't want to scratch through the paint in this area.

The drains are located in the black strip at the very bottom of the door.  You'll see that you can spread the seal apart and clean out the junk blocking the seal.  There should also be a few holes that are blocked recessed within the black rubber trim piece.  Those are the ones you need to clean.  Should be a simple fix as it sounds as if you're not draining water correctly.