Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Instructions to remove secondary air pump brackets

Just the metal ones holding those pumps. They seem to be in place by three bolts. Don't know what bolts and what torque settings I need and it seems that I need some type of thin and long socket as they appear to be a bit deep.

• Admin

1. Remove hose from secondary air pump. Then separate the electric connector on the secondary air pump.

post-1-0-46633400-1465920468_thumb.jpg

Fastening screws for secondary air pump

post-1-0-94031900-1465920472_thumb.jpg

Hose and electric connector on secondary air pump

2. Unscrew the 3 fastening screws on the secondary air pump.
3. Remove pump from support.

Installation is the revere - 7.5 ftlb. for the three screws.

Removing bracket for secondary air pump
Note: On the right secondary air pump also unclip the cooling water hose and vacuum hose.

1. Undo the three fastening screws for the bracket and remove the bracket

I did the valve cover gaskets and If don't have a male torx slim deep socket like I didn't you can use a deep reach 1/4" drive 8, 9 or 10mm socket instead. Sorry can't remember the exact size that fitted, I also had to use this for the male torx bolts on the torque arm bracket bolted to the valve cover.

It's a fiddly place to get at but some blood, sweat and four letter words will see you through it.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

I removed drivers side secondary air pump and the bracket to get to the Camshaft position sensor. It took a combination of u joints, 1/4 drive sockets and a flexible drive to remove the bracket. The space is really tight, but doable.

The sensor I removed was really dirty with some grease/rubber like black sticky stuff on it. The rubber gasket was stuck in the hole and had to take it out as well.

Attached photos showing the old dirty sensor, and the location where it is installed before and after cleaning, and the new sensor with a new gasket.

I had a P0011 which has not come back after clearing it after replacing the sensor.

I was not able to remove passenger side brackets as the space is extremely tight there. If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks

Danish

post-22133-0-02070300-1468198243_thumb.j

post-22133-0-85464300-1468198275_thumb.j

post-22133-0-88652500-1468198295_thumb.j

post-22133-0-50210900-1468198320_thumb.j

I noticed vibration and hesitation accelerating from stop and at low speeds which seems to have improved, but did not disappear.

I am planning to change the passenger side camshaft sensor as well, mainly because I purchased a pair.

Another issue is starter overrun type high pitch sound that comes sometimes upon starting. The sound is not consistent. Sometimes it comes twice a day and somtimes once a week. No real pattern. This problem is still there and could be related to either fuel filter/pump or flexplate.

Fuel filter is in my todo list but will be checking flexplate soon.

Thanks

Danish