Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I just ordered version 15.7 of VAGCOM original VCDS ross-tech software (not a china rip off cable). Im going to use mainly for my 2013 Audi A4 3.0t and also some limited diagnostics on the Cayenne as the 2003-2006 share a lot of modules with the Toureq.

Has anyone had any experience good or bad from using VCDS on their Cayenne?

Some mixed posts on other sites bashing VCDS and some scare mongering too (like it will kill your "VW part number" module! somehow I don't think so), but also a few posts about it being more capable than Durametric in some cayenne modes (he had a Turbo S 2006), so im hoping my cayenne turbo 2006 with E81 power kit will also be compliant with the VCDS to an extent.

Once the VCDS comes first thing is to find this pesky stutter hesitation issue I have still.

I'll report back some logs and data .................... unless it fries my module then I'll close the post quietly :)

No bad experiences, just good. If you use it and have Durametric you will find it is much better than Durametric as far as reading and resetting faults. Just to be safe I wouldn't recommend using it for any re-coding although I think a few have. There is some info over on Rennlist for others that have used it. I have done the search all modules as well as individual modules features as well as selecting a comparable year of Touareg since most of the modules are the same.

I'm glad you confirmed my logic. I've even got a V-checker PRO and that pulls codes and shows measuring blocks data and erases codes so as this is based on a very crude Vag com setup I was fairly confident vcds would work a lot better. I'm still puzzled why durametric is viewed as the only tool for the enthusiast.

• Moderators

I'm glad you confirmed my logic. I've even got a V-checker PRO and that pulls codes and shows measuring blocks data and erases codes so as this is based on a very crude Vag com setup I was fairly confident vcds would work a lot better. I'm still puzzled why durametric is viewed as the only tool for the enthusiast.

Simple: The Cayenne is the only Porsche model that uses VW  based control technology, none of the other models do this.  Find a 996 and try Ross-Tech system and you will see why even Ross-Tech recommends the Durametric system for Porsches.

Understood thank you for replying.

So when I got a bit less hair and a few more bucks to buy 911 turbo weekender I should definitely spring for a durametric as well. :)

I don't suppose anybody has any experience of coding a voltage sensitive comfort module that seemingly likes to pop dash warnings for rear tail light fault, no horn beep when locking/unlocking and recently doesn't want to let me refuel either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11 July 2016 at 6:41 AM, hahnmgh63 said:

No bad experiences, just good. If you use it and have Durametric you will find it is much better than Durametric as far as reading and resetting faults. Just to be safe I wouldn't recommend using it for any re-coding although I think a few have. There is some info over on Rennlist for others that have used it. I have done the search all modules as well as individual modules features as well as selecting a comparable year of Touareg since most of the modules are the same.

Hello I'm using the vcds on the cayenne but having difficulty identifying the measuring block group number as I don't get a description as no label file for cayenne, do you have a label file or do you know the important group numbers ie 002 is AC compressor status and the maf sensor is easy but the other are difficult and so many "knock" and "count" have no idea what they are showing value of. The Ross tech list of gasoline vehicle groups don't really relate to the cayenne at all. 

Any help please and do you know about coding the comfort module or got any other tips or websites maybe to share? 

Much Appreciated