Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Replacing the Turbo Charger Ventilation Tube

Hey all,  

Has anyone replaced the turbo vent line from the 5-8 side? I am chasing some boost and oil consumption issues and and found that line broken.  I am concerned it will require some surgery to get to. Is it possible to get to without removing much? It looks like its tight against the turbo and I am unsure I'll be able to release the connector or install the new one with out dropping the turbo. 

Thanks for any help

Mike

Part number 94810721651, #15 in the parts diagram

hose.jpg

hose2.JPG

Edited by Mike Markota

Hi Mike see attached.

Working from the underneath remove sump guard cover(s), then remove pipe numbered 1 (jubilee clip each end) and then squeeze the spring clip 1 on the small Diverter valve hose and pull the dv out of the small hose, then from the topside disconnect pipe 2 top end where it connect to air box two torx pins which line up and pull out, remove air box front cover and filter, loosen jubilee clip 1 and the pipe numbered 2 can be removed with the dv still attached. You then can get your hand inside far enough to pinch the pipe clips and release the pipe. If you have mini hands you may not need to remove pipe 2 but I very much doubt it. 

Whilst out remove and test the DV, simple test push the brass disk inside effectively opening the valve and then hold your finger tight on the vacuum nipple, it should hold the brass spring loaded diaphragm open until you release your finger and it will snap shut under spring pressure). Also blow in each end and it should be shut unless the diaphragm is split. 

More info here.......... from Thomas, myself and a few other contributors. 

ctt engine side view.jpg