Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I know the factory 957 ('08-'10) service manuals cost an arm and a leg (over $2000)... is there any other Cayenne manual out there worth owning? I just looked at an online site with "Free Online Repair Manuals" and while they did have a 2008 Cayenne GTS Service Manual (figured it would be close enough to my S), it was the WORST service manual I have ever seen... a PATHETIC attempt at making something out of almost nothing. And it didn't contain ONE WORD about the item I was looking for... the backup battery for the security system alarm... I'm trying to find out where it is located since it has been identified as having the potential to fail in a way that can run the big/main battery down without measuring excessive current through the negative battery cable (presumably because the security system battery is grounded elsewhere so the current to ground though a failed security system battery wouldn't show up on the negative battery cable going to the big battery under the driver's seat). It would be a huge bonus it the manual included wiring diagrams, but I'd even pay extra to get those if not included in the manual.

Anyway... looking for a GOOD service manual for the '08-'10 Cayenne S... and a download would be preferrable... none of our computers have disc drives built-in, but if disc format is the only option aside from paper books, I'll take whatever I can get. I just don't want to pay for the manual only to find out it is the same crappy thing I saw online. Here is the link to the free online service manual I didn't like... it might help someone who just needs some basic info... if you can live with the (share us and contribute) popup that opens every time you go to the next or previous page slowlng page navigation to a snail's pace. http://workshop-manuals.com/porsche/cayenne_s_(9pa)/v8-4.8l/body_and_frame/firewall/component_information/service_and_repair/

It doesn't look like either Chilton or Haynes make Porsche manuals. I'm not crazy about alldata.com because you don't have the option of buying the whole manual, you can only subscribe for 1 year or 5 years. Found an online download that says it is 9900 pages... can't imagine that being anything but the factory manual? Anybody know?

Edited by Drop the Mic(rometer)

Do a search for "PorscheLibrarian" in RennTech.   I have an 04 CTT and obtained some factory manuals and related info and programs from him a couple of years ago at a very reasonable price.   Not sure if f he has the same for 2008 but worth a shot.